Volant intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am leaning towards this I think. I wish there was a closed filter for a supercharger but I guess that's having the cake and eating it too. Though I would give up a few hp on a sc kit to use this intake

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just modify it or make one of your own. There is nothing really special about CAI its just a bigger air filter,box and inlet pipe. Give yourself a little project and see how it turnes out.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I like the idea I know my limitations. No good could come from me trying to modify this to work the way I want it too and while I can make almost anything functional it's never eactly right and will look like crap. I'm determined to do this right for once thus I'll keep my hand off most things....though I imagin a silicone sleve would do the trick I just really want something build for the application i use....I am also concernec about the tuning. If I superhcharge I
ll likely go the roush route and get a calibrated tune. I can't find a local tuner that i have the amount of faith in i want and I am a bit gun shy on mailed tunes....I don't want a bunch of saftey settings just turned off so it works. I want it done right.

I do like to Volant intake and that funny looking filter though...I'm not sold on the "ram air" scoop thing though. I'll probably give it a try but it is the one thing I am not sold on yet for the intake

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok just got off the phone with Tony at Volant, they have developed another Coolant tank. We will be doing the final fitting of the power core intake with the scoop and the new coolant tank in a couple of weeks.
I will try to remember to take some photos and get everyone some feedback

Any update on this?

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was pretty damn sure that they already pushed out the revised intake and collant tank that keeps the hood shut switch/latch in place. This was like 6 months ago (saw pics on various websites)

Reaction score
Just throwing a CAI together with some pipe and a filter is a bad idea. The Maf is very sensitive to air stream. You want the cleanest smoothest air stream possible to get the most accurate MAF Readings.

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pretty damn sure that they already pushed out the revised intake and collant tank that keeps the hood shut switch/latch in place. This was like 6 months ago (saw pics on various websites)

Yeah I knew about this version, but it sounded to me like BRONCO knew of another revised version on its way out