Vent behind rear seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Think it’s a cabin pressure deal. Meaning it’s there so your doors can shut etc

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason for the inverter to be running every time you start the truck? I sometimes shut it off when I think about it, but it is annoying to do every start up.

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t find the TSB number but it appears there is one…
The info that I gave my dealer was the issue of the fan running, the pictures linked about and from a previous post this info " Rear Fan noise from Dcaca module under rear seat needs SSM (Special Service Message) 50167 performed by dealer module parameter update to change programmed parameters"
They knew what I was talking about and added it to my work order. Hope this helps

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason for the inverter to be running every time you start the truck? I sometimes shut it off when I think about it, but it is annoying to do every start up.
That is what most of this thread is discussing.
If you have the pro power onboard 2kw, on some of our trucks, each time you start the vehicle a loud fan noise comes from the rear seat/vent. This is a fan that is exhausting air from the 2kw proposer on board, and if yours is loud and turns on immediately the module needs to be reprogrammed by the dealer to have different parameters.

The inverter will turn on each time you start the truck by default.
If you are expiereicng this just contact your dealer with the above info and they should get you squared away.