USB2 "hack" on Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cant type for shit and it takes me too long. send me text or call me. (831) 254-7562.

noah

the usb mod on the gen 1 allowed for an extra usb plug. i have mine connected to a usb hub installed in my center console where i have 4 usb drives plugged in with different types of music. the 2 oem usb ports are empty, but a passenger or potential customer can use it to plug their phone in to listen to the sound system.

OP
OP
S

SO2018Raptor

Reaction score
i cant type for shit and it takes me too long. send me text or call me. (831) 254-7562.

Hi Noah, I see you are in Cali. I am in Seattle. Will call you when I get a gap in my calendar today. Once you detail what needs to be done to access the back of the Sync 3 unit (2018 Raptor) I will document it here. Thx!

OP
OP
S

SO2018Raptor

Reaction score
Hi Noah, I see you are in Cali. I am in Seattle. Will call you when I get a gap in my calendar today. Once you detail what needs to be done to access the back of the Sync 3 unit (2018 Raptor) I will document it here. Thx!

Hi folks, Noah and I weren’t able to connect due to schedules, but I found a video online that explains how to get the speak cover and then plastic piece out.

Here is a link to that page (scroll down for the video). Note, you do not have to buy the product mentioned on the page....but this will get you access to the back of the sync module. My Raptor is back at the dealership (TSBs and door handle recall)....but will try the usb2 add when I get it back.

https://www.builtrightind.com/products/rsrdashmountbundle

(Only need to watch the first few mins after the intro)

Noah, really appreciate the offer to share your knowledge. This time I was able to find a video, but next time might need to tap into your brain and experience. Thx!!!