Toroweap Overlook -Fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lesson learned - when you fail to plan, you should plan to fail

I was in St George Saturday to ride dirt bikes in Warner Valley. Ended up getting done a bit early. It was 2 pm and I was 4 miles from the Arizona Strip. Headed out River Road to see if I could get to the Overlook at a decent time. I got to the Tomball Schoolhouse in no time but failed to notice I needed to turn left to get to The overlook. Areas of the road were still wet so solo traveling can be dangerous. You don’t want to get caught in the Az Strip when it’s wet. By the time I figured out my mistake I was at the Bar 10 ranch and the sun was starting to get low. No cell phone service along with the fact that no one knew where I was, I decided not to push my luck so I headed back to town.

This is what happens when you don’t download maps before hand. I’m sure I’ll get grief from @John M 6B7CA050-BAC2-489C-8A05-8E885D2036CF.jpegFB6E67CB-9A57-4E35-B26F-B05C1D3336A1.jpeg490BBA45-C923-44D6-86D2-AE11DBF5E095.jpegD6B723F6-8DB6-415F-BEDA-2FA49679CD49.jpeg99E2B079-72E2-4FD2-80C5-13377E147C86.jpeg

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
WTH my man??? Study the Navigation Thread b4 you head out again :birgits_tiredcoffee:birgits_tiredcoffee:pepper::anitoof:

Glad you made it home safe! Things are a lot better marked/signed than they have been in years but it’s still Extremely easy to get LOST AS A MFER out there! Especially when the pitch black settles in for the night! With the thousands of social trails along with main/alt trails I can get turned around out there using both my maps and apps :roflsquared::rotflmao:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OnX off-road now available for CarPlay.
You can download maps offline.
Is the app any good? I looked at a few places I know pretty well and it seemed underpopulated with roads. As in it didn't even show official San Juan County designated, signed, and rated off road routes. Is it that there is just a sampling on their web page? And what happens with Android Auto goes away? Will it still work?

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the app any good? I looked at a few places I know pretty well and it seemed underpopulated with roads. As in it didn't even show official San Juan County designated, signed, and rated off road routes. Is it that there is just a sampling on their web page? And what happens with Android Auto goes away? Will it still work?
I used the off road version summer of 2020 for ATVs in Upper MI, I was satisfied with it.
They have a free 7 or 10 day trial.