GEN 2 Top 15 Tonneau Covers - which do you have?

Which Tonneau do you have?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a Bakflip MX4 from @Rick@FreedomMotorsports. Best deal out there! Very happy with it. Love the sleek design. I was originally looking at a Retrax Pro, but didn't want to sacrifice the bed space.

One question I had for any of the guys out there with them is how you ran the drain tubes. It looks like the approved way is to take the plastic oval cutouts out, drill a hole in each, and run the tube through that. However I saw these small oval holes near the top of the bed sidewalls that are much closer to where the tubes connect to the rails. I'd rather use them to avoid having these unsightly tubes dangle down. The tubes that come with it don't fit down those holes, but I suppose I could get some rubber tubing or even drill out the hole a little. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 176

Msisle

Reaction score
Hi, as explained on a different post, i'm quite confused between G2 and MX4 ?
I have only seen the G2 but cannot compare with the MX4.
What do you guys think ?
I live in Dubai and all the raptors come from factory with the drop-in bedliner, do I have to modify it to install the tonneau cover ?
Thanks !

marmot99

Reaction score
You missed the best cover out there, the Diamondback HD, holds up to 1600lbs, sprayed in Line X, really makes the raptor look rugged plus you can park your ATV on top.

lebeljd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Extang solid fold 2.0 that fits that criteria. I've had it for 2 years (on my Gen1 and now my Gen2), and love it. It also supports 400 pounds, and was $900 shipped. It installs in less than 5 minutes, with no tools. Which also means you can take it off in less than 5 minutes, if you ever want to.

I've had the BAK Roll-X on my Gen1 since it was new. No issues with leaking and it's been great. Considering the Revolver-X2 when I get a Gen2.

Curious if the above comment implies a Gen1 cover will fit on the Gen2? Has anyone else tried swapping their cover from G1 to G2?

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRUCK COVERS USA __AMERICAN WORK COVER Jr.

WOW.

I'm surprised that I don't see any people using anything from TRUCK COVERS USA.

I had a ReTrax on my last F150. Had it for 11 years. Absolutely LOVED it except for one thing.....the drum ate up too much bed space. If I had an 8' bed, or even a 6.5 footer....not that big of a deal. But when you have a supercrew with a dinky 5.5' bed.....every bit of realestate matters.

I've been looking at alternatives ever since I ordered my Raptor (July 2016) and discovered the American Work Cover by Truck Covers USA. Specifically the American Work Cover Jr. since it has a low profile integrated storage bin ! The big selling point of the Truck Covers roller is it has the SMALLEST drum in the industry.

That means A LOT when you only have 66 inches of bed. Really the only thing I was uncertain of was that it only locks into place every 12 inches whereas the ReTrax looks infinitely into place. BUT....the ReTrax isn't actually locking into place. It is "clamping" against one rail into place. If you have a heavy item in the bed and pull the ReTrax up against it, and the heavy item tries to shift while you're driving, the ReTrax cover WILL move. And when it moves, it is scraping the rail.

I am 90% certain I may give the American Work Cover Jr. a try when I Raptor arrives in mid May.

SO, anyone have any experience with Truck Covers rollers at all????

THX

Reaction score
Check our Peregon Truck covers. Mine is the stock black with dual locks, optional clamping system, all stainless hardware. Check out their videos. After researching a lot of tonneau covers, I think this Wisconsin American made Aircraft Aluminum cover is the best bang for the money. It minimizes space lost (6 to 8 inches max) in the bed and is removable within minutes for full bed length. The cover can also be painted to match you bad ass Gen 2. Sorry that I posted without pics. Add it all up and this product becomes a great contender if not winner.

breal

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Truck Covers USA American Roll Cover w/ the available Yakima rails/bars.

IMG_4227_1.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4229_1.jpg

IMG_4231_1.jpg

IMG_4233_1.jpg

IMG_4223_1.jpg

That's a sweet setup. I've been considering the same setup myself except with including the small toolbox that goes over the rollcover storage box. Have you been off-road with that cover yet, even on dirt or gravel roads? Where I live, there are a lot of forest service roads that are poorly maintained and was just wondering how much, if any, rattling I can expect from the cover. When you are spending a few hours on forest service roads, any rattling or noise can really start to wear on your nerves. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Truck Covers USA American Roll Cover w/ the available Yakima rails/bars.

IMG_4229_1.jpg

I LOVE my swing case on my current F150. Absolutely love it, BUT had to give my Raptor some serious consideration on whether or not I would get one for it as well.

I decided NOT to get the swing cases since they unfortunately block the bed lighting.

This is exactly why I chose the American Work cover Jr. with its integrated storage bin.

Truck looks amazing BTW !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter