Tonneau Covers -- Fold-a-Cover or Bak Flip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bent22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at both of these systems.

FAC: Love the option that you can flip the front backward. However I think I hate the fact that you can't fold up the cover to access 100% of the bed. And no drain pipes also tickles my fancy.

BAK: can access 100% of the bed, with severely limiting you rear vision. Also. Can only access the bed by opening the tailgate. Seems to be the most common option.

What is your preference and why? I know I'm knit-picking but if I'm gonna drop a grand I want to make sure its the best choice

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
i love my bakflip too and its not "necessary" to open the bakflip every time you close the tailgate although its highly recommended to extend the life of that water sealed lip.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might also take a look the Undercover Flex and the Extang Oncore.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the backflip. Keep in mind it sets flush with the bed rails so you loose some height inside the bed. VP cans just squeek in.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know much about the other named covers, but I can say love my BAKFLIP, and its great for washing the roof of the truck, I climb up and wash or tose my son up there to do the job lol.
ALSO like every one stated on the forum, MORRIE is top notch, will go out of his way to help, and he talks with you like he new you forever.

Last edited:

Fold-a-Cover

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm looking at both of these systems.

FAC: Love the option that you can flip the front backward. However I think I hate the fact that you can't fold up the cover to access 100% of the bed. And no drain pipes also tickles my fancy.

Glad to hear your are interested in Fold-a-Cover!

As for your worry about being able to access 100% of your truck bed, here is a short video showing the process. Over all it only takes about 3 minutes and there is no realigning necessary when you reattach the cover!

Removing a Fold-a-Cover Hard Folding Tonneau Cover - YouTube

If you haven't already taken a look at the review BigJ wrote up on the forums be sure to take a look, he did a great write up, very detailed!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/review-fold-cover-g4-elite-5296/

Oh, and one more thing, don't forget we are offering all FRF members an extra $25 off orders through our Factory Store! Just use FRFspring25 when you check out!

Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you in the meantime!

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the Bakflip F1. I struggled with the same things you are. It really came down to price for me. I was getting the cover and the box from both of these companies but I was able to get the Bakflip and box for about $300 less than the fold-a-cover even with their specials. One could say you get what you pay for I guess because I question the durability of the box. The cover on the other hand I have had great success with the HD cover for 5 years before now.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have back flip on my previous truck. I like its low profile design and easy operation. But now, I'm eyeing the Extang Trifecta for my Raptor since I've heard good reviews about it.