Tire rub on back of fender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a mid travel ready lift kit on my truck(upper and lower control arms). The truck also has fox 3.0 set near the top as well as 37s and walker Evans rims with 5" backspace. I brought the truck in for a alignment and now the tire on the drivers side rubs really hard at the back of the fender and the truck seems to wander and the steering wheel doesn't return to centre on its own after taking a corner.
The tech who did the alignment said he set it to the raptor specs. He is going to look at it again tomorrow. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the cause may be. Thanks

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put a mid travel ready lift kit on my truck(upper and lower control arms). The truck also has fox 3.0 set near the top as well as 37s and walker Evans rims with 5" backspace. I brought the truck in for a alignment and now the tire on the drivers side rubs really hard at the back of the fender and the truck seems to wander and the steering wheel doesn't return to centre on its own after taking a corner.
The tech who did the alignment said he set it to the raptor specs. He is going to look at it again tomorrow. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the cause may be. Thanks

Sounds like he may have messed up the camber. Have him set it so the wheel moves away from the inner fender.

Good luck!!!

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha.....I've had terrible luck with people aligning my truck......how about L & R hand thread rod ends on ur tie rods......whoops inners are loose must have not known they are there

Forget ford specs.....align it like the offroad truck it is......

okraptor01

Reaction score
No they decreased the caster too much. Take it back and tell them to increase the caster. Caster will effect return to center. If you have a print out post it up so I can see.

Edit.... Also increasing the caster will help with the rubbing in the backside of the fender

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
beadblaster

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took it back to them and I stayed with the truck to see what they found. The driver side was toed out .18 instead of being .1 in. They fixed that but they only align till it shows up to be within the allowable error. Caster was 3.7 drivers and 3.4 passenger, camber was .5 drivers and 1.2 passenger,toe was set to .9 drivers and 1.1 passenger. All were within the allowable tolerance and they would not align to the exact specs. Time to find another shop that will take the time to do it properly.

The truck driver a lot better but still has a tight feel when retuning to centre when you go around a left corner.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to go to a place that is willing and able to perform custom alignments.
Start with lower control arms aft adjuster max out. forward adjuster center, now fine-tune the adjustments to even out both sites, then set the toe-in to the upper end of the range.
JMTCW

okraptor01

Reaction score
I took it back to them and I stayed with the truck to see what they found. The driver side was toed out .18 instead of being .1 in. They fixed that but they only align till it shows up to be within the allowable error. Caster was 3.7 drivers and 3.4 passenger, camber was .5 drivers and 1.2 passenger,toe was set to .9 drivers and 1.1 passenger. All were within the allowable tolerance and they would not align to the exact specs. Time to find another shop that will take the time to do it properly.

The truck driver a lot better but still has a tight feel when retuning to centre when you go around a left corner.
Lol those guys are Retards. They need to bump up the right caster a half a degree more than the left side to compensate for the crown of the road (this will help with the rubbing too) then they need to bring the right side camber out to help minimize tire wear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk