Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Third brake light restoration

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by BMONTES, Oct 16, 2020.

Adam's Polishes
  1. BMONTES

BMONTES Full Access Member

Hey fellow enthusiasts. Just wondering if anyone has used a headlight restorer on the third brake light on rear of the cab. My 13” is up there in miles (98k) and the light looks yellowish/dingy. I’ve never used a headlight restorer on anything but my headlights. I’ll try to post a photo of the light tomorrow morning. I was thinking about putting chemical guys headlight restore and protect. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

2. Buzzard2

Buzzard2 Full Access Member

I cleaned mine up with my Griots G8 polisher and some Rupes polish. Cleaned up nice, I did not re-coat it as it lives in the garage about 98% of the time.

BMONTES likes this.
  3. BMONTES

68C2B431-BF31-464A-A675-F3FB36DD7C92.jpeg 84D903FA-DD15-4AFD-9C4F-F20327686C7E.jpeg Before and after, chemical guys. Looks better in person though. I think Sylvania headlight restoration kit is better.

4. BMONTES

Yeah I think garaging my truck would be best, but my garage is already full. The main issue is the sun sets directly on my brake light everyday where I park.

5. Buzzard2

Buzzard2 Full Access Member

Looks good!!