The reasons why I can't justify buying a Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy shit, I can't even tell if you're literate or not. 'Cause my response was pretty damn coherent. Its no wonder Jenny owners are a bunch of sheep.

Ford: HEY BROS AND BRAS, I GOTS A NEW RAPTOR AND ITS MADE OF ALUMINUM CUZ ITS JUST AWESUM! WE TOOK OUT THE BIG OLE' V8 AND PUT IN THE ECOBOOST WITH 10 AWESUM GEARS CUZ ITS JUST SO COOL! NOW YA'LL WILL GET 20 MPGEES!! TAKE THAT, COMMUNISM! WE ALSO PUT IT A BUNCH OF AUTOPILOT TECH SO THAT YA'LL CAN CONTINUE TALKING ABOUT YOUR NEXT PERIOD WITHOUT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD!

Sheep 1: Hmmm, I'm not so sure about this.

Sheep 2: Bro, this sounds awesum! I never had a Raptor and now I think I may get one.

Sheep 3: Yea bro, I had one, but this just sounds so awesome!

Lego-man (rented out by Ford): Yea guys, everything's ****** awesome! Go buy the new Raptor!

Sheep 2: I'm the first in line bra!! Yo, sheep 3, go get me a frappe while I wait.

Sheep 3: Awesum bro! On my way, 3 frappes coming up!

Sheep 1: Ahh **** it, if everyone's getting these, I may as well. LETS BE AWESUM!!

Lego-man: YAY! EVERYONE'S AWESUM!

Gen 1 Raptor owners (standing around the corner): Tsk tsk, there go 3 more into the blender.

Credits: Sheep 1 played by smurfslayer, Sheep 2 played by Rapterrier, Sheep 3 played by Bullishone, and special thanks to Lego-man, played by Sasquatch77.

Is this how it all went down at the Ford dealerships last summer? But in all honestly, the only real improvements are the new interior, the 10-speed (somewhat, because I would have been happy with 8; 10 is just over-kill for an off-road truck), and the new shocks. This engine is NOT an improvement - it's borrowed tech from other models slapped on with 2 turbos. There's a reason other major Raptor competitors have stuck with NA engines. I'm talking the new Patrol, the OLD Patrol (which you Americans don't even get), the new Land Cruisers, the OLD LCs (which you American's don't get anymore either; we still get the J70 out here in an NA V6 config). ALL desert worthy and reliable mass produced vehicles are NA engines. Not turbo-ed. Not SCed.

Ford chose the current configuration for the Raptor to make it more road-worthy, not better at what it was, so stop trying to convince yourselves that just because you went out and bought a Jenny, you have the best of the best. Ford tricked you. Get over it.

P.S. Iraq really never had any WMDs. And Assad is really not a bad guy. I know many Syrians out here. Don't drink the Kool-Aid. But BE AWESUM!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Also, to be really honest, I don't even off-road THAT much. I do have most of my '14s 47k KMs (~30k miles) as a DD and I seldom use it as a work truck. I would actually even think of 'downgrading' to the '17 Raptor 'cause I wouldn't mind some more MPGees and a nicer interior. Indifferent about the tech and the slight increase in acceleration though. Being objective is tough, isn't it?
Yes I'm a sheep for upgrading my old Raptor for one with 6 year newer technology, it's faster, it handles better, it drives better, it has a much better suspension, way better interior, it's stronger, it's lighter, it tows more, it's got more torque, more HP, it looks waaay better, it has far more headroom for performance ...and it actually sounds amazing after I upgraded the exhaust.

Yep. Baaaahhhhh. Bahhhhh.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Penukoko

Reaction score
Being real... I bought a Used 2014 because I didn't want to pay the marked up price for a 2017, and I tend to avoid first year models. However, you can't deny the 2017 is an upgrade in many areas. I will be in a Gen 2 in a couple years for sure. Gen 1's are awesome and have their own "pros," both models are just different levels of "awesome"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
just to be clear im not hating on the gen 2 truck at all, its a great truck but its not worth 40k over a gen 1, sorry it just isnt

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Yes I'm a sheep for upgrading my old Raptor for one with 6 year newer technology, it's faster, it handles better, it drives better, it has a much better suspension, way better interior, it's stronger, it's lighter, it tows more, it's got more torque, more HP, it looks waaay better, it has far more headroom for performance ...and it actually sounds amazing after I upgraded the exhaust.

This exactly

Fat Nelly

Banned
Reaction score

You've said this a few times now. Broken record and you must have missed something in life as a kid. Yes we know you are very proud of that boulevard cruiser GEN2. Plain and simple you have no talent to even drive that ************* you built.

Want to meet out in the California desert and see who can drive? GEN1 vs GEN2. What it boils down to is the driver which you are not and never will be. Crew of drivers be out there this weekend and next to beat the shit out of our trucks. Till you show up ****.

Now go pound on that computer keyboard as we know that's where your true talent shines. All you have done is waste money and give raptors a bad name.

Last edited:

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've said this a few times now. Broken record and you must have missed something in life as a kid. Yes we know you are very proud of that boulevard cruiser GEN2. Plain and simple you have no talent to even drive that ************* you built.

Want to meet out in the California desert and see who can drive? GEN1 vs GEN2. What it boils down to is the driver which you are not and never will be. Crew of drivers be out there this weekend and next to beat the shit out of our trucks. Till you show up ****.

Now go pound on that computer keyboard as we know that's where your true talent shines. All you have done is waste money and give raptors a bad name.

lol guess i missed which desert to be in. i was in cal city most of today cause it was where i went. note i did see a gen 1 in cal city. it was used as a tow vehicle for a couple quads and a razer. i am game almost any sat, to go have fun in my gen2. no shame in saying i am still learning the limits of the truck and driver. not trying to get into an argument. just looking for others that actually use the truck as it was designed and not a p.q. pm for info and i will be there.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Oh booboo. You know you love it.
d64d97c7f181c293778f54cd393d1d2b.jpg