The joy of Methods, the pain of a screwup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrubin80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would share my story. Ordered my Method Double Standards a few weeks back from 4 Wheel Parts. I know, I know they are not a supporting a vender. The deal was just to good to pass up so I went with it. Wheels arrived and Saturday I had them installed at my dealership. Apparently we hire 17 year olds to work on Saturdays. They give me the keys and let me know the old wheels were boxed up and put in the bed. I go out to check it out, and lo and behold, I have a giant gash taken out of 2 of the rims. Apparently it slipped while getting the tire on, and he was so scared he didn't tell. I only took the one pic, but both look this way.

Now the positive news. They are obviously paying for 2 new wheels. So Ill have the 4 perfect rims, and 2 spares with minor cosmetic damage. With all bad, comes a little something good. Now if only my tires would show up....

Attachments

• IMAG0600.jpg
    IMAG0600.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 99

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Hate it when that happens. Glad they're going to make you whole though.

OP
OP
J

jrubin80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me the most is, of they would do that to one of the management staff and not say anything, what could happen to a retail customer. That doesn't know to look over things closely. It makes me worry honestly.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just shows the mentality of people these days. "maybe he wont notice" as I always say,you are at the mercy of whoever they let work on your truck. That usually it involves money. Don't want to pay skilled workers a good wage. So hire someone unskilled. Just my opinion. Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4 wheel guys in DFW are *****! They make you beg for service even when you have a pocket full of cash.