The 2011 F-150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew Gets Official & SuperCab Gets Updated! Specs (& Pics!) Inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark, can you give us some more details on the perimeter alarm?

Here is a link to the Ford glossary web site... http://www.fordvehicles.com/help/glossary/?letter=a

The perimeter alarm consist of several hidden sensors within the cabin of the car. They detect air movement within the cabin and set of the alarm when there is a change in air movement.
The idea behind the alarm is that is somebody tries to smash the window there will be an air movement that will set of the alarm.
The systems are now well developed and are normally very reliable, as such false alarms are uncommon.
# Perimeter anti-theft alarm system
# Guards the vehicle’s doors, hood and trunk/lift gate. When an unauthorized entry occurs, the system trigger sand will:– Flash the head lamps, parking lamps and theft-indicator lamp on the instrument panel
# Sound the horn. Note: It will not be triggered by breaking glass or entry into the vehicle through a window. The perimeter anti-theft alarm system is designed to work with the factory-installed Remote Keyless Entry System.SecuriLock® passive anti-theft ignition system

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here is a link to the Ford glossary web site... http://www.fordvehicles.com/help/glossary/?letter=a

The perimeter alarm consist of several hidden sensors within the cabin of the car. They detect air movement within the cabin and set of the alarm when there is a change in air movement.
The idea behind the alarm is that is somebody tries to smash the window there will be an air movement that will set of the alarm.
The systems are now well developed and are normally very reliable, as such false alarms are uncommon.
# Perimeter anti-theft alarm system
# Guards the vehicle’s doors, hood and trunk/lift gate. When an unauthorized entry occurs, the system trigger sand will:– Flash the head lamps, parking lamps and theft-indicator lamp on the instrument panel
# Sound the horn. Note: It will not be triggered by breaking glass or entry into the vehicle through a window. The perimeter anti-theft alarm system is designed to work with the factory-installed Remote Keyless Entry System.SecuriLock® passive anti-theft ignition system

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is an alarm that goes of if the "perimeter" of the vehicle is breached. If you open up any door or hood it goes off, if break a window it goes off...

Essentially it is a normal alarm along with some motion detectors to sense if the inside of the car has been violated without a door being opened. In some applications that would include the alarm going off if someone climbed in through a window you had left open... not sure o the ford system.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is an alarm that goes of if the "perimeter" of the vehicle is breached. If you open up any door or hood it goes off, if break a window it goes off...

Essentially it is a normal alarm along with some motion detectors to sense if the inside of the car has been violated without a door being opened. In some applications that would include the alarm going off if someone climbed in through a window you had left open... not sure o the ford system.

vegasfergie

Reaction score
Damn this new truck looks awesome! I think Ford really hit a home run with this one. The Raptor is a great truck to begin with, and what they've done with it for 2011 is great. I love the productivity screen, very cool gadget! You can never have enough of those! Oh, and standard 6.2 is great too. Oh, and select shift.......gee I could just go on and on.

vegasfergie

Reaction score
Damn this new truck looks awesome! I think Ford really hit a home run with this one. The Raptor is a great truck to begin with, and what they've done with it for 2011 is great. I love the productivity screen, very cool gadget! You can never have enough of those! Oh, and standard 6.2 is great too. Oh, and select shift.......gee I could just go on and on.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey, I see you have a set of retractable steps.. Do ya like em? I am looking at getting a set... Do you have a vid of them on your truck??? Would like to see what they look like on a Raptor....

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey, I see you have a set of retractable steps.. Do ya like em? I am looking at getting a set... Do you have a vid of them on your truck??? Would like to see what they look like on a Raptor....