TFL Truck-production data on 2017 F150 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2022 SVT Fan

Reaction score
Usually a VIN is related to production numbers.
Every vehicle I've ever owned it's in unison. How is this vehicle different? Do they start calender year 2017 with last 5 digits 1xxxx?
I can see last 5 numbers of a '16 calender year xxxxx and a '17 calender year 1xxxx.

Great question that I had myself when waiting impatiently for my GT350R to arrive earlier this year. My chassis is GR352 I found chassis GR353 to be exactly 1 digit off (as expected) from mine. Then I found GR 351 and that car's VIN was no where near mine. Long story short, Ford Performance told me that "their" vehicles are inserted within the schedule and there is no rhyme or reason to VIN sequence. Go figure.... Then I learned from them during the same phone call, that 2015's did have numerical sequence, as the chassis number matched the VIN.

and I was also able to track my GT350R on COTUS, Which was cool to do. And with these trucks you can't for some reason...

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great question that I had myself when waiting impatiently for my GT350R to arrive earlier this year. My chassis is GR352 I found chassis GR353 to be exactly 1 digit off (as expected) from mine. Then I found GR 351 and that car's VIN was no where near mine. Long story short, Ford Performance told me that "their" vehicles are inserted within the schedule and there is no rhyme or reason to VIN sequence. Go figure.... Then I learned from them during the same phone call, that 2015's did have numerical sequence, as the chassis number matched the VIN.

and I was also able to track my GT350R on COTUS, Which was cool to do. And with these trucks you can't for some reason...

Your 350R is also designated with regular gt350s in between. So essentially there was a 350R right behind you but with the other 350R there were several regular GT350s in between. The vin numbers are different preceeding the last 5 numbers, this determines differences between 350s and Rs. For instance mine doesn't have the tech /electronics pack so there is a designation between the two in the vin. Same with the non R models.
Every motorcycle or car I've ever owned the last several numbers of the Vin were designated for a number of vehicle made. So if there is a early '17 MY raptor that's Vin ends in x0200 that is around the 200th car made. I know there is a discrepancy sometimes. For instance the HR230 that was before me had a vin number of 600 before mine. It was scheduled a month before mine but actually was built on the same day as mine, it was however counted just the same. This article states that there is around 4600 units made so far. My vin is 10000 so either there will be 6000 raptors made from early December to early January or those numbers are way off currently but in the end will balance out to the actual numbers made. What does everyone's 2016 calender year raptor VIN's last 5 digits?

Last edited:

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ny only 3% grrrrrrrr. ��

Not that anyone wants to discuss research methods and stats but ....I wouldn't think that part of the data set is very reliable. Whether the variable means vehicles ordered by dealers in those states, state of residence of the buyer, etc.
Maybe if I get really bored I'll do up some charts off this data. More to follow. Ha!

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll do some investigating into VIN's. Maybe the last 5 are monthly numbers. They build around 700,000 F150s a year.

Did a quick search and the last 6 digits of the Vin are supposed to designate a specific vehicle within the broader year, make and model class.

Last edited:

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll do some investigating into VIN's. Maybe the last 5 are monthly numbers. They build around 700,000 F150s a year.

Did a quick search and the last 6 digits of the Vin are supposed to designate a specific vehicle within the broader year, make and model class.

Correct: Ex: 1FTFW1RG2HFA56772
Position Description
1 1 World Manufacturer Identifier (1FT = FORD USA)
2 F "
3 T "
4 F Restraint type or GVWR class
5 W Model (W1R=SCREW RAPTOR; X1R= SCAB RAPTOR)
6 1 "
7 R "
8 G Engine type ( G= new 3.5L H.0.)
9 2 Check digit
10 H Model year (H=2017)
11 F Factory ID (F= DEARBORN)
12 A Sequential number (A00001-F99999)
13 5 "
14 6 "
15 7 "
16 7 "
17 2 "