GEN 2 Sync 3 version 2.x to 3.x?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For the life of me i can't get my sync 3 to update. I'm on like version 2.2 or something, maybe even older. The last time it searched for an update was Feb of 2019. I followed all of the steps on the owner.ford site but the USB never seemed to kickoff any update. I tried 3 different USB sticks and both USB slots up front. Am I missing something? Do you have to update in order or can you skip a few at once? I know some systems are finicky like that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
check out over on the F150 forum, I think it’s airborn ape(?) who documented the 3.4 upgrade. I’ve done the usb upgrades from 2.x to 3.0 then to ... oh heck at least a couple more and then recently to 3.4 and then most current 3.4.

Make sure your USB sticks are big enough, you got the --full downloads-- and your USB stick is formatted correctly. There’s a few tricks to it, like having the syncmyride folder properly set up.

GLOCK26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check out over on the F150 forum, I think it’s airborn ape(?) who documented the 3.4 upgrade. I’ve done the usb upgrades from 2.x to 3.0 then to ... oh heck at least a couple more and then recently to 3.4 and then most current 3.4.

Make sure your USB sticks are big enough, you got the --full downloads-- and your USB stick is formatted correctly. There’s a few tricks to it, like having the syncmyride folder properly set up.

Is 3.4 the latest update? And will it make your screen look like the 2020 raptors?

smurfslayer

Reaction score
3.3 is the latest G.A. that you can download for a Raptor of any year. AFAIK, 3.4 is only on new ’20’s with bigger and more modern hardware than the F150 - maybe someone can clarify that.

I do know my S/A commented on it when I was dropping the truck off for some work and that he’d not seen it up close yet.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have 3.4 loaded onto my 2018 works fine. techically 3.4 is only available on 2019? and up. did mine according to the thread on f150forums. no hiccups.

can't get a vehicle location in my fordpass app... maybe need to reset.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
yes, if you look at the thread, there are ’15 and ’16 owners who have loaded 3.4. I’ve also upgraded to 3.4 on a ’17.