How To Sway bar removal, DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Sway bar removed!

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I had an option of fabbing some sort of quick disconnect but after a few min driving i never looked back!!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^1-.After making my g/f shit with smiles....she even says to keep it off!

SCABS are faster!!

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to taking off the links only and spent the day driving around all the city obstacles that had me worried. I am on the Top Perch and it did help the ride out enough to notice. I still have the bump steer but it is way better. Hit the tight clover leaf freeway interchanges at twice the recommended speed and it seemed just fine. I was expecting way more roll that it has. I would compare it to driving a lifted truck, just has a little sway to it. I will say that the truck had more body roll on the stock perch setting with the sway bar on, than it does now on top and no sway bar. I hated the dipping and diving on the stock perch setting.

I have been asking in every sway bar post about the towing aspect. I left the bar on and we have a tripped planned to Lake Mead the first week of next month. If I get feeling to uncomfortable it will only take me 10 minutes to install the links back on to the bar. If it feels fine I will remove the entire bar. I do wish someone would make a quick disconnect for the Raptor, then we could have the best of both worlds when we want it.

sultan

Reaction score
Good info
I will remove it in winter for the dunes :peace:
And I wanna know Fozzy what do u think when u towing

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will never be putting the sway bar back on unless i sell but doubt, lol. Maybe another 14'.....but to give the frame more rigidity. I'm debating cutting the sway bar after it curves so the bar doesn't slip out and throw it back under there. What u guys think??

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will never be putting the sway bar back on unless i sell but doubt, lol. Maybe another 14'.....but to give the frame more rigidity. I'm debating cutting the sway bar after it curves so the bar doesn't slip out and throw it back under there. What u guys think??

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

I wouldnt cut a torsion bar :thumbsdown:

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, maybe I'll use the sway bar mounts and find a bar to keep the frame stiffened from twisting up in the front. I understand the purpose of the sway bar is for no sway but at the same time, it has to still give the frame support. This thought hasn't passed through a few of you guys heads ?? Every

SCABS are faster!!

Last edited:

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
SwampKing said:
Yea, maybe I'll use the sway bar mounts and find a bar to keep the frame stiffened from twisting up in the front. I understand the purpose of the sway bar is for no sway but at the same time, it has to still give the frame support. This thought hasn't passed through a few of you guys heads ?? Every

SCABS are faster!!

If it does, it's minimal