SW or Borla, can't decide, anyone heard both?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info...did you buy that with your winnings?

No - I bought the truck with winnings :)

This was just a little holiday gift to myself...but now I am waiting until spring on exhaust....may a st patricks day gift along with green beer

On the upside the Borla/Ford Racing sytem is a direct bolt on. No cutting so when it won't fit your truck it's easy to put on the stuck system and not have make it work.

Last edited:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to get anyone too excited but I was bored today and decided to call Borla. I asked if they was a Lightning style exhaust coming out but they said no. I also told them that there was quiet a demand for a Lightning style and then the guy got curious and asked who are these guys wanting the demand. I told them about this site and said a bunch of guys made their on Lightning style system and that there is only one company making one bolt on system(Stainless). I originally wanted to do Stainless headers and a Borla muffler of some sort I told the guy. His response was that there is a Raptor downstairs with our own(Borla's) headers on it that they are doing testing on. He said to call and check back in about 4-5 months. Schweet!

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have SW Lightening exit I love it... Went to a track to go ride and another guy who had a 13' on order heard me roll by and waved me down, needless to say he ended up with the exact setup I have... no real complaints besides some small tweaking to get the pipes to sit right and I also put a small rubber piece where the exhaust gets close to a frame bolt ($0.98 at lowes)

just having some fun sounds good I think

2011 Ford Raptor ripping dirt road - YouTube

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was debating just going all Stainless headers and Lightning exhaust but now I'm curious what Borla has up their sleeves. Yours does sound good btw.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to get anyone too excited but I was bored today and decided to call Borla. I asked if they was a Lightning style exhaust coming out but they said no. I also told them that there was quiet a demand for a Lightning style and then the guy got curious and asked who are these guys wanting the demand. I told them about this site and said a bunch of guys made their on Lightning style system and that there is only one company making one bolt on system(Stainless). I originally wanted to do Stainless headers and a Borla muffler of some sort I told the guy. His response was that there is a Raptor downstairs with our own(Borla's) headers on it that they are doing testing on. He said to call and check back in about 4-5 months. Schweet!

Borla headers hmmmmm. That would be nice

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust is a bit louder in person and if you have headers I think it completes the system... ***** loud WTFO lol go thru a tunnel and pin it GF yells at me every time :troll3:

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, ended up ordering the SW with Roush CAI, CAI arrived today, SW should arrive tomorrow, will find a shop, but the truck is currently in the shop having full custom X-pel wrap, Alarm, int lighting and RI lights (40", 20" and the dual fogs).

Todd

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, ended up ordering the SW with Roush CAI, CAI arrived today, SW should arrive tomorrow, will find a shop, but the truck is currently in the shop having full custom X-pel wrap, Alarm, int lighting and RI lights (40", 20" and the dual fogs).

Todd

NICE!! Installation of all that isn't too bad... haven't done lighting yet but that will be in tomorrow so can't say anything about that but I'm no motor head but was able to do CAI/Tune/Exhaust on my truck. Unless you have a buddy saved me like 200 bucks

ps mid perch