Stuffing a big boy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a friend who has a 12 Raptor. It is at mid perch and is only a daily driver on the interstate. He asked me if he could run something other than the BFG 37's with the stock rims without having to do any trimming. He likes the Toyos M/T 37's but they are a bit larger than the BFG 37's. It's time for new tires for him and he wants something wider and taller than the stock or the BFG 37's if they will fit without rubbing. I know the BFG's 37 seem to fit Ok with mid perch with stock wheels but not sure about other 37 inch brands. He says he will never go off-road so that is not an issue. I figured some of you experts could answer his question better than me since I am still running stock wheels and tires.

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT 37/70-17 will fit on stock wheels without rubbing. That's what I'm running. They're a hair bigger than the BFGs. One will barely fit in the spare location also. I'm at mid-perch with factory beadlock capable wheels. I've gone off road with no issues. But I don't do high speed jumps. Mostly forest roads up in the mountains.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks I will tell him to check those out. Anyone put the toyos at 37 on your stock Raptor with mid perch????

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If he's not doing off roading much, wouldn't the 37" Terra Grapplers be a better choice? They are about 1/2 shorter than the Trail Grapplers, and advertise better wet/dry pavement traction.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If he's not doing off roading much, wouldn't the 37" Terra Grapplers be a better choice? They are about 1/2 shorter than the Trail Grapplers, and advertise better wet/dry pavement traction.

Actually what he is interested in are the Toyo M/T's. Hence my post. In looking at the various 37's it looks like the Toyo tires in 37 are almost two inches taller and two inches wider than stock 35 BFG's. This was his question about the need to trim on mid perch with stock rims. The Nittos are a bit smaller. Surely someone out there is running Toyo 37's on mid perch with stock rims.