Steering wheel phone controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You people are pushing all of my buttons. Hey, glad for all of you that you can spend $80+ on a new one. Ordered my '18 and paid cash. Not in the market for a quick turnover. But to me this entire forum has been flipped upside down. Less focus on discussing problems and issues, sharing and getting answers as for which this forum I thought was designed. Yes that still happens, but it has 95% turned into "The 2021 Raptor Forum". Majority of discussions anymore are "my build date", "what happened to my build date", "build schedules", "should I bail on my '21 for a '22", "is it too late to delete this or that from my build sheet", etc. etc. etc., and "Oh My Gosh I better order now before I can't get my truck in "Primer Gray" (Leadfoot, puhhleease).
Majority of discussions have been about build dates because a majority of us have been waiting for build dates. Would you like a Snickers?

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You people are pushing all of my buttons. Hey, glad for all of you that you can spend $80+ on a new one. Ordered my '18 and paid cash. Not in the market for a quick turnover. But to me this entire forum has been flipped upside down. Less focus on discussing problems and issues, sharing and getting answers as for which this forum I thought was designed. Yes that still happens, but it has 95% turned into "The 2021 Raptor Forum". Majority of discussions anymore are "my build date", "what happened to my build date", "build schedules", "should I bail on my '21 for a '22", "is it too late to delete this or that from my build sheet", etc. etc. etc., and "Oh My Gosh I better order now before I can't get my truck in "Primer Gray" (Leadfoot, puhhleease).
Wrap it up fellas. No more gen 3 discussion in the gen 3 section. And no gray trucks for anyone because it looks like a color that is used for primer in other applications. So no more red, orange, or black. Or blue. Or even white. Matter of fact, unless you know of a color that isn't also a shade used for primer, no more raptors for you. No more vehicles. Not even if you pay cash for them.

A guy with 2 fords has had enough.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with CarPlay?

This is how Ford does it compared to how every other manufacturer does it. Guess what Ford. 99% of the time if we are using CarPlay we will not be using your Navigation system. We will be using one of the many navigation apps out there that are updated much more frequently and are better than your system. You have a 12” screen with very little of it usable. Especially when you go into Navigation/Music mode in CarPlay. This is what happens when you let car companies try to design software.

Attachments

• BB543C99-29B0-44BF-A7F2-E2586F280497.jpeg
    BB543C99-29B0-44BF-A7F2-E2586F280497.jpeg
    636.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 7C5E2F5B-BE74-4AAF-A937-8EDBF22BBE04.jpeg
    7C5E2F5B-BE74-4AAF-A937-8EDBF22BBE04.jpeg
    904.1 KB · Views: 42

Christopher Manns

Reaction score
Uh...I know I only have a Gen2...but I do have Sync 3.x...
Just HOLD the phone button for a few seconds, the call ends. At least in my OLD Gen 2 :)

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would probably work if there was a phone button on the steering wheel in the Gen 3....
Bummer, but not the end of the world I guess. You can still use the touchscreen right? Just something we might have to get used to. Unless your dealer accidentally ordered the "Handsfree Phone Button delete" by accident

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would probably work if there was a phone button on the steering wheel in the Gen 3....
LOL I honestly didn't think this would annoy me either, but it does. My 2018 XLT has the controls on the wheel but my new raptor doesn't... going to tell the wife not to call me while im driving and to stay out of my business devil woman!!

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My friend has it setup in her iPhone that if you text her while she's driving you get an automatic reply saying "I am safe driving and will respond as soon as I am able". You could set it up on your phone to automatically reply "BUSY DOING RAPTOR STUFF BRB"