Spray Bed Liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that the best choice is the one that suits the owner alone. So the question is:

To put a spray liner that is the same color as the truck or to put a black one in? That is the question.

Now I own the Molten Orange Raptor with Graphics.

let me know everyone.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the Molten Orange and can tell you that you will not be able to color match it exactly. I chose the Line-X Extra (color match) and went with 2004 Ford CY color code. There may be better colors to go with but all the chip books I went through had nothing like the Molten Orange and that would be because it is a tri-coat and not a two part paint.

You can still try and color match but remember you will be stuck with whatever color you choose. To my understanding it cost a lot of money to remove the Line-X.

You best bet is to go to an automotive paint store, flip through their paint chip book, find colors you think match and then take them out to your truck to verify that they do indeed match. Once you have done that contact Line-X and tell them you want the Line-X Extra in whatever two-part color code you have selected.

Good luck.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great advise NoCa. If I was looking to color match a spray in, that's exactly what I'd do.

OP
OP
DJ BFG

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great advice NoCa. i still think that i want a black liner. also i think that ford has the color match bed liner for that exact color though, (Molten Orange).

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I got the bed cover for my orange Raptor, I didnt think they could match the paint on the cover like they did. They got the paint code from Ford, and it looks factory. The Molten Orange is a tri coat, meaning unlike the other paint colors there are 3 layers (why the orange is 500 bucks extra) so you wont find an Exact match for your bed liner. But it will be closer than putting color cards on the hood.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Black seems to me to be a less expensive, more practical solution. Orange sounds great and would look good but once you start putting stuff in there it's bound to show more (I think) than black. Color is even less important if you have a bed cover.

Disclaimer: this is my opinion and it's worth excactly what you paid for it :mrgreen:

AuPanda

Reaction score
Line-X in black.

Not every Line-X dealer does the extra and color match; they need to have a full paint booth, which eliminates a lot of dealers. If you decide to go the color or extra call ahead. The color is just that...the extra is like a clear coat that protects both the color and the luster of the basic Line-x. Line-X is permanent; if you are at all interested in restoring the truck to no bed liner someday, skip-it. Having said all that I'll never own a truck without it.