GEN 1 Spare tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often do you guys replace the spare. My 2012 still has the original. It looks like it’s cracking between the treadblocks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8-10 years at most. At 10 it should never be put on anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Suggestion for the next set/truck you buy: Put a TPMS in it and include it in the rotation.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure how many times you've put a spare in and out of a Raptor, but it's a PITA to say the least. Then you have to deal with re-training the TPMS every time too. No thanks.

Kahuna

Reaction score
No you don't have to retrain the TPMS. I have 6x methods and Duratracs in my rotation, all with TPMS and have not had to reprogram since the initial install.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Not sure how many times you've put a spare in and out of a Raptor, but it's a PITA to say the least. Then you have to deal with re-training the TPMS every time too. No thanks.
The sensors relearn there position after about 4 miles or so.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Oh, it is not! I've done just fine in a gas station parking area.
Sheesh.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys are just doing it so you have a newer spare tire? I guess I can see that then.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Benefits:
1. Don't have to throw away an unused tire every 8 years
2. When you get a flat offload the wheel you put on can stay there because it has TPMS and similar tread wear. Don't have to switch back after you get the flat tire fixed.
3. When you switch tire models you have matching spares and "2" above is reinforced.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter