Spare Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huck I do see where your going with it. I just carry 6 lugs under the seat. However, has anyone tried the lugs in a stock spare?

Reason I say this is my gorrilla lugs are massive, the stock lug has the 60* pitch on it just with a big fat lip the seems to just fill the hole. I took a lug and dropped it down in the hole of a factory rim and it seemed to seat quite well. I haven't tried putting it on the truck but I can't see why it wouldn't hold jut as well because not only is it hub centric, it has the full seat on the rim, just the hole wont be as "filled" as stock nuts. I'd even bet with my gorilla nuts it would be close cause they barely fit in my methods, even a thin wall socket won't go in.

Just sayin guys, could be worth checking out if someone is interested, I could also be completely wrong lol.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. My method question was simply a what happens if and you are a fair distance from civilization and something bad happens. If you are running methods with a different tire, but close in size, does the spare work ok or are you better buying 5. Not looking to get airborne but ride in some pretty desolate spots-not 100 miles from home but more like 10 miles at 15 lbs on a beach with nothing close by.

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huck I do see where your going with it. I just carry 6 lugs under the seat. However, has anyone tried the lugs in a stock spare?

Reason I say this is my gorrilla lugs are massive, the stock lug has the 60* pitch on it just with a big fat lip the seems to just fill the hole. I took a lug and dropped it down in the hole of a factory rim and it seemed to seat quite well. I haven't tried putting it on the truck but I can't see why it wouldn't hold jut as well because not only is it hub centric, it has the full seat on the rim, just the hole wont be as "filled" as stock nuts. I'd even bet with my gorilla nuts it would be close cause they barely fit in my methods, even a thin wall socket won't go in.

Just sayin guys, could be worth checking out if someone is interested, I could also be completely wrong lol.

My spline drives worked fine with my Methods and now seem to be working fine with my OEM beadlocks...

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. My method question was simply a what happens if and you are a fair distance from civilization and something bad happens. If you are running methods with a different tire, but close in size, does the spare work ok or are you better buying 5. Not looking to get airborne but ride in some pretty desolate spots-not 100 miles from home but more like 10 miles at 15 lbs on a beach with nothing close by.

When buying the first set of tires for a new truck, I always buy 5. Then when those 4 on the truck wear out, I buy 3 new tires and rotate the new spare in while using the best of the worn tires for my spare. That way, I never have to worry about an undersized spare. One wheel that is a different diameter than the rest will spin at a different speed on asphalt and destroy differentials as there is no slippage in traction.