Spare Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick add on question. If the NV fits underneath, can you get a 35x1250 there or just the stock BFG? I understand there may be some small differences.

Thanks for the input.

JD_27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of spare tires, I have a 'low tire pressure' light coming on but all 4 tires are great on pressure. I'm assuming the spare has a pressure sensor and it could be low. True?

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my sensors last week. I checked, re checked and they were all good. Thought about it, drove it but nothing. Used a different gauge and realized the one I've been using for months was off by 13 lbs!!!!!!!!!!

It now has a special place in my garage, a big garbage can.

JD_27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my sensors last week. I checked, re checked and they were all good. Thought about it, drove it but nothing. Used a different gauge and realized the one I've been using for months was off by 13 lbs!!!!!!!!!!

It now has a special place in my garage, a big garbage can.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try a different gauge.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was right on the border of too low then when it started getting colder at night it was dipping below the threshold. Looked funny to me too cause all my tires were the same and reading right on.

On another note, kojack, not that I'm disputing it but is it worth buying a 5th method to have jammed up under the bed where it will just collect crap? Or is there plans to have a cage in the future?

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my '13 has the stocker rim. I was pleasantly surprised by this even though I plan on changing out all 5 when I need a tire change.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine was right on the border of too low then when it started getting colder at night it was dipping below the threshold. Looked funny to me too cause all my tires were the same and reading right on.

On another note, kojack, not that I'm disputing it but is it worth buying a 5th method to have jammed up under the bed where it will just collect crap? Or is there plans to have a cage in the future?

If you dont want 5 methods, you have to carry lugs for the stock spare. The lugs for the method's wont work with the stock spare.