Soft Tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update for you guys! Extang sent me new rails (no charge)! That did the deal for me. Now the cover locks up and is nearly weatherproof!

educol

Reaction score
Revolution soft tonneau cover by ExTang is the one used by Roush.

Attachments

• a1bc8d45a6674625ae74a031673023ab!20120823195429000.jpg
    a1bc8d45a6674625ae74a031673023ab!20120823195429000.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 44

Brian Wiland

Reaction score
If security isn't an issue and you don't mind crawling into the truck bed to retrieve the items that have rolled to the front, then a soft cover is fine. I would go with a tri-fold design due to the ease of taking it off and putting it back on and such and is quicker than rolling a cover up. I am a hard tonneau guy though and about to buy a Bastille System. New concept and really cool. Photos | Bastille System Tonneau Cover

Thanks

BW

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If security isn't an issue and you don't mind crawling into the truck bed to retrieve the items that have rolled to the front, then a soft cover is fine. I would go with a tri-fold design due to the ease of taking it off and putting it back on and such and is quicker than rolling a cover up. I am a hard tonneau guy though and about to buy a Bastille System. New concept and really cool. Photos | Bastille System Tonneau Cover

Thanks

BW

Taking off my Extang Revolution is really simple. I can have it off in less than 30 seconds. And I'm a little confused about your comment that you need to crawl under to go retrieve items that have rolled forward? You'd need to do that with any tonneau really, unless you opened it up. Which an Extang Revolution does open up... Opening the tonneau is as easy as two clicks and a simple roll. Granted, it is one more latch than say a BakFlip F1. But you still have to fold or roll either tonneau from either the side if the truck or the top. I don't know about the product you mentioned specifically, but I honestly think that the "extra" conveniences are negligible.