Soft Tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the Extang because of the lifetime warranty and it was a bit cheaper. I'll let you know this week when my Extang gets sorted out

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
cons: going down the road it flaps in the wind like a pair of old lady boobs. Looks terrible. Get a hard cover

Just to make this clear, when I drove with my Extang Revolution on going about 50-55 mph... zero added wind noise. Granted, it is a brand new cover but with the "bow catcher" design I cannot imagine it flapping any over time.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I called Extang today and asked for new rails because I think that's the problem with my cover. Very few questions asked and the new rails are on their way. I just have to send them the old ones back once the new ones get here (they paid for shipping label)

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the Truxedo TonneauxTrax, and contrary to some speculation, it makes zero noise....very versatile, convenient and easy to rollup and roll back down for full bed access.

The extra tie downs have come in handy when hauling odd sized things....

Attachments

• 0516.jpg
    0516.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had the Truxedo TonneauxTrax, and contrary to some speculation, it makes zero noise....very versatile, convenient and easy to rollup and roll back down for full bed access.

The extra tie downs have come in handy when hauling odd sized things....

Do you ever find the velcro annoying at all? If you don't mine me asking, how much did you pay for it?

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Velcro works great! I understand some folks don't care much for velcro of ANY kind. After rolling it shut, I just push the velcro down on one side by sliding my thumb with medium downforce along on side's edge then "stretch" it shut on the other side for a nice, taught fit. Takes about 10 seconds.

I don't remember what i paid back in November 2010, but I got it straight off 4wheelparts.com. It was about $100 cheaper back then....

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good rain this past weekend (Saturday). The bed was not fully dry but only wet at the front and back. I have yet to install the seal that was provided. I'm pretty happy with the weatherproofing so far without it.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you want a trifold soft tonneau or a roll up style

Just got an extang truxedo tri fold soft cover. Works great no worry about buttons and Velcro. Took it off in 2 minutes the other day when the wife wanted to buy a piece of furniture. I wanted to get a hard trifold cover but they are to expensive. it's not water proof I had some water get in after going through the car wash. That's no problem for me, I'm just lookin for a cover not a sealed trunk. Two thumbs up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieslfrkY