Secure storage during roadtrip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TunaSmell

Reaction score
Heavily considering the Gen3, coming from a Suburban. Family of 4, + dog. we do a lot roadtrips especially between DC and upstate NY. because of COVID and the with remote work and school capabilities we often travel with many computers.. laptops and desktops. How does everyone secure their computers when the cab is already full with kids and dog?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heavily considering the Gen3, coming from a Suburban. Family of 4, + dog. we do a lot roadtrips especially between DC and upstate NY. because of COVID and the with remote work and school capabilities we often travel with many computers.. laptops and desktops. How does everyone secure their computers when the cab is already full with kids and dog?
Tonneau

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Powered Retrax bed cover and a bed rug inside the bed.

OP
OP
T

TunaSmell

Reaction score
and NO we typically don't travel a pc but since COVID travel has beendifferent. we often will go somewhere for a 1-2 months and work and school remotely from an Airbnb.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bed cover! Out of site, out of mind. Don't leave anything in the cab, except under the rear seat.

Pinned

Reaction score
If you do get a tonneau cover, make sure it is not a segmented one - those make the bed nearly useless and they completely block the rear window if you need to load anything large enough to fold up all 3 segments.

I'm going to put a topper on mine, which locks and you can cover anything you put inside of it but makes the bed more useful and is better at keeping things dry as well.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and NO we typically don't travel a pc but since COVID travel has beendifferent. we often will go somewhere for a 1-2 months and work and school remotely from an Airbnb.
I can appreciate that. Just thought traveling with a desktop was some way covert stuffs

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do get a tonneau cover, make sure it is not a segmented one - those make the bed nearly useless and they completely block the rear window if you need to load anything large enough to fold up all 3 segments.

I'm going to put a topper on mine, which locks and you can cover anything you put inside of it but makes the bed more useful and is better at keeping things dry as well.
True, I do like my bakflip but it does make for some weird loading and bed use issues and like @Pinned said, makes looking out the window useless if it is folded up