Screw seats comfortable for larger drivers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TreeDawg7

Reaction score
Hi IngrahamS,
responding to your post of "comfort level of the seats" I am also above average size (7 feet tall 330Lbs.) The seats as well as overall room in the 2012 Raptor are awesomely comfortable!!! I just bought mine last Saturday and look forward to getting it mid Nov? Just my $.02

OP
OP
I

IngrahamS

Reaction score
I'm in africa on a gold mine at the moment so i'm not in a position to be buying a truck, I won't be back stateside until Feb, thats when i was going to start looking and hopefully test drive one (if i can find one in my area). i will be looking for tuxedo black SCREW and i am very flexible on the options. I have seen posts about Randy and it sounds like he is the guy to talk to but i don't want to waste his time until I am back in the states (or close to it) and in a position to put the money down. thanks
-Stew

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
shit im a short fat ****. mine is ordered and cant wait for it. dont worry the seats will be fine

X2 on the short fat **** here, i had a tux black for 2 months, and seats were very comfortable! i had a SCrew too, friend of mine who is like 6'5 or 6'6 sat in the back and looked around at his head and leg room and just went "wooooooow......." youll love it man, i swear by it!

OP
OP
I

IngrahamS

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys, anyone have any comments on the power? I have been reading up on the 2012 and i am a very big fan of cooled seats and the limited slip front sounds like a nice added bonus for when the snow gets deep up here in New Hampshire, and will come in handy on snowmobile trips to Maine and canada.
-Stew

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine powered through feeet of snow in Washington, DC this last year. I never had worries on anything. I didn't need the front locker. I now live in Florida and I really don't need the front cooled seats.

Wallace_1

Reaction score
I've had mine for a couple weeks now and I do a ton of driving. This is my first gasoline truck since 2003 and I am more than impressed with the stock performance. I will eventually mod the truck as I do with all vehicles but being a die hard diesel fan this swap was a good one.

BigRedGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, is it me or is it impossible to find one of these trucks used, or even new? there aren't even any older trucks available in new england really. I am set on a SCREW and the 6.2 but should I wait to see if there is a used one in 6-8 months or am i better off to find a new one or order one? told myself i was never going to buy a new vehicle again after the hosing i got on my 08 F250 but it doesn't seem like these come up used often and if they do they haven't depreciated a cent if anything they are at or above MSRP. On a another note how is the performance with the 6.2 as far as off the line or passing power?
-Stew

Welcome to Forum. In New England certain dealers have made an effort to stock more than one at a time. Examples would be the Ford dealer in Glastonbury CT (near Hartford) and Sarat Ford in Agawam, MA (near Springfield). They both have had 4 at a time. Craigslist, Cars.com and other sites are options as well. I am 6' 3" 230 and have driven many trucks and I test drove a Raptor and it is quite comfortable - good luck on search, be patient, it is like a Corvette, some dealers have 6, some just one.

Bad company

Reaction score
I'm 6'5" and 240, and these seats are the best I have ever sat in. In anything. Including high end Cadillacs, Mercs, and BMWs. They wear a bit, especially with how you have to get in and out, but they are AWESOME seats.

The cooled seats I had in my M5 seemed a bit gimmicky. The problem is that you block the air holes, so that air only gets out were you are not. i dunno if the ones in the new Raptors are any better.

Regarding the front locker, you will only need it if you are doing SERIOUS rock crawling; especially because you already have the rear locker.

Lockers are important when all of the vehicles weight is supported at opposite corners (front right, left rear).

I drove through 4' (foot) deep snow during a blizzard last year w/o engaging the rear locker even.