RPG Tie Rods and "Race Line" Upper Control Arms Installed (Tons of pics and a vid!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so J hows the RPG set up? im pretty excited about finally being able to get mine ordered here in a few days then it'll be on to new shocks all around haha

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
trey what are yours made of? Think the stainless Race versions in the RPG are susceptible to wear as well? I'm under the impression that they're basically bulletproof.

As for the squeaking, if they start RPG recommends a drop or two of a dry teflon lube to shut them up again for a good long while.

My first set was made by FK, they are stainless, but only 1". I honestly don't know the difference between the ones Total Chaos uses and RPG, so maybe theirs are superior.

I do know that most big time race teams change heims and uniballs (if there is any on the truck) pretty much after every race.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so J hows the RPG set up? im pretty excited about finally being able to get mine ordered here in a few days then it'll be on to new shocks all around haha
Still loving it Pat. I haven't spent more time in the dirt yet, but I daily driver the thing and the on road characteristics alone make the upgrade worth it for me. The new found capabilities in the dirt are icing on the cake!

My first set was made by FK, they are stainless, but only 1". I honestly don't know the difference between the ones Total Chaos uses and RPG, so maybe theirs are superior.

I do know that most big time race teams change heims and uniballs (if there is any on the truck) pretty much after every race.
Roger that. Just out of curiosity, did you hit yours with dry teflon to try and quiet 'em down before replacing them? Did it help?

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Still loving it Pat. I haven't spent more time in the dirt yet, but I daily driver the thing and the on road characteristics alone make the upgrade worth it for me. The new found capabilities in the dirt are icing on the cake!

Roger that. Just out of curiosity, did you hit yours with dry teflon to try and quiet 'em down before replacing them? Did it help?

I used wd40 to quiet them down. I replaced them Due to all of the play.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Understood. Thanks for the 411!

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

oh man i dont know if i can get any more excited for this kit and the UCA's AWESOME!!!!!
:peace: Tell Jar I said hey! when you talk to 'em. He'll probably end up charging ya double 'cause you know me :Grenade: :ROFLJest:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
haha in that case i'll try to keep you name out of it haha i could use a discount not double the pprice :ROFLJest: hopefully we can get all this set up and ordered monday hopefully this way i'll have my new method rims and my RPG kit an UCA's to put on in the same weekend!

Fast62

Reaction score
Hey J, With the UCA how was alignment for the front end? Did you need the cam kit or did the UCA take care of that? I remember reading that your alignment wasn't knocked out after hard offroading and why do you thing that is?

I'm wanting to go to the top perch when the new "caps" come in and sounds like I will need the cam kits with stock UCA but if the new UCA fix the problem and no cam kit is needed then I might be going down that road.Thanks again for the great write up.

Anyone running the uca, tired unsuccessfully to get info on them?

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Several of us are Fast. What questions do ya have?

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys this question just came up via PM and its worth answering here.

If you are running the stock wheels, you MUST select the 1" outer bearing option! If you go with the 1.5"ers, your wheel MUST have a 5" back spacing or less. Any more than that and you'll bind when close to steering lock.

If that's confusing fire away with any questions or give the RPG guys a call.

Last edited: