RPG Tie Rods and "Race Line" Upper Control Arms Installed (Tons of pics and a vid!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, the tool to tighten the factory style clamp is this one,

clamp tool factory.jpg

can be bought here Amazon.com: Lisle 30800 CV Boot Clamp Pliers: Automotive

or here

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

or any tool truck or automotive tool distributor.

The universal band clamp tool is this one

clamp tool.jpg

Can be bought here

http://www.amazon.com/KD-Tools-3191-Tightening-Wrench/dp/

Napa
NAPA AUTO PARTS

Or any tool truck, auto tool distributor.

The universal band clamps I use are by a company called Band-It.
Light Vehicle CV Boot Clamping
Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding an on line distributors for them. I like this style of clamp because its much like a zip tie. Just wrap it around the item being clamped, tighten it down with the tool, and cut off the excess band that wasn't used.

Other universal clamps like these, I'd opt for ones like the Precision's at the bottom of the page.
List: CV Boot Clamps & Hardware | O'Reilly Auto Parts

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha once again I must thank J for another awesome thread and for talkin me into spending more money :waytogo: just sent jarrett and email at RPG about getting the stage 3 kit for the rear with +2 nationals and the race line UCA's and now the steering tie rods great stuff J thanks lol

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice Pat! You're gonna freak out dude. Get someone in the passenger seat and record your happy ass the first time you hit it off road. That'd be some comedy we all need to see, me thinks :D

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Everyone needs to remember to start inspecting their uniballs for wear after 20-30k miles. Especially with Offroad miles.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice Pat! You're gonna freak out dude. Get someone in the passenger seat and record your happy ass the first time you hit it off road. That'd be some comedy we all need to see, me thinks :D
Oh don't worry I'll be sure to get some crazy reactions haha I'll have to make a video of just the reactions of people that would be a hit lol:ROFLJest:

Everyone needs to remember to start inspecting their uniballs for wear after 20-30k miles. Especially with Offroad miles.

I just hit 26500 today actually I'll have to check them out this weekend before I go out thanks trey :waytogo:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
aahhh ok got ya so is there after maket ball joints you can replace them with that will last a little longer?

No, the uniballs in the aftermarket UCAs are good, they just wear fast offroad. You will start to get play in them after time. I just replaced mine, I think they had 40-50K on em (cant exactly remember when they were installed). They started squeaking something ungodly too. But I replaced them and all good now.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sweet i'll keep that in mind i wonder if RPG will set an extra set of uniballs with the UCA's so i always have an extra set haha

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
trey what are yours made of? Think the stainless Race versions in the RPG are susceptible to wear as well? I'm under the impression that they're basically bulletproof.

As for the squeaking, if they start RPG recommends a drop or two of a dry teflon lube to shut them up again for a good long while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ngodavid23