Roof mount light bar options for Gen 2...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will look into KC lights.

I had emailed Rigid and got a very weird response back. "we will not be making roof mounts for the Gen 2 because the aluminum body is not strong enough"

Really? The aluminum body is strong enough to pass highway crash test ratings in case of rollovers, but not strong enough to hold a damn light bar? Seems to be very weird reasoning. Obviously, Jaguar, Audi and all other manufacturers who have made bodies out of aluminum for years if not decades must all be unsafe also.

Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score

I had emailed Rigid and got a very weird response back. "we will not be making roof mounts for the Gen 2 because the aluminum body is not strong enough"

Really? The aluminum body is strong enough to pass highway crash test ratings in case of rollovers, but not strong enough to hold a damn light bar? Seems to be very weird reasoning. Obviously, Jaguar, Audi and all other manufacturers who have made bodies out of aluminum for years if not decades must all be unsafe also.

Rigid doesn't seem to care about making products for the gen 2 period I've called two times and have gotten similar bizarre responses. Oh well just means other companies get my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ya i've been looking too. zroadz has some for 2017 f150 that could fit.
i get rigids explaination as i talked with them also. the issues is the weight of the light bar against the aluminum support. going off road with a 30lb bar up there puts to much stress on that specific area and will bend/break off over time and stress. that is their theroy or tests they proved. if u gonna stay on road or light off road use i'm sure it won't be an issue but who knows. its really not tested just theory based on spec's.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

i'm looking at this option to, but not sure yet if i wanna add 3" height to the truck yet. this one would be badass with 360 degree lighting

https://shop.m-racks.com/collections/stealth-series/products/15-ford-f150-raptor-crew-stealth-series

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My offroading is all tight north east Class VI trails - no deserts here. I was interested in the roof mounted light bar, because it would also give me mounting points for limb lifters. Might have to come up with a different solution if roof mounted light bars aren't an option for Gen 2s.

First world problems I tell ya... :)

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree that Rigid seems to be out on the Gen II. Hard to figure because they were hard core marketing on the Gen I and built everything they could to push their lights on it. Sad, they are a good company but seem to be pursuing the Side x Side and Buggy business hard now.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree that Rigid seems to be out on the Gen II. Hard to figure because they were hard core marketing on the Gen I and built everything they could to push their lights on it. Sad, they are a good company but seem to be pursuing the Side x Side and Buggy business hard now.

Rigid was bought a year or 2 ago and now they seem more concerned with gimmicks and flash instead of developing superior products. Ever since they were bought it's all about the cheap radiance lights with backlighting, expensive ass adapt lights that are adjustable, SxS mirrors with built in lights, side shooter lights with lights on the side. They're all just gimmicks that are down on performance. When was the last time they made any improvements on the E series?