Rhino vs Line-x

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrayCat

Reaction score
Hi, I called around in Illinois for prices on Line-X. I got quoted has high as $450.00 for both rear wheel wells. Said his insurance company doesn't want them removing the rims becuase of Insurance. I'm thinking if your not capable of removing and installing a rim, you should not be in the Automotive industry! I think its just another way of saying "we are lazy" $575.00 for spraying the bed in black. Add three more hundred for color. It's a Blue truck I was thinking of spraying it Blue. I called a second location they wanted $475.00 for Black an addional $99.00 for deluxe and $200 for each wheel well. A third place refuses to do the wheel wheels intirely. I called a Rhino liner dealer. The wanted $446.00 for the bed, add two hundred additional for color. $35.00 a wheel well for "undercoating". So my question are: 1) How bad would undercoating be in the wheel wells? 2) Your thoughts of Line-X vs Rhino lining. As a side note I had "Red " Rhino lining in a red truck about 15 years ago and had no trouble with the Rhino lining except that it held dirt since it was textured. I didn't have trouble with fading since I had a cap installed. 3) Do you think it would look better with black lining or Blue lining? Is it worth the $200 upgrade for color. Thanks!!!!!!

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I called around in Illinois for prices on Line-X. I got quoted has high as $450.00 for both rear wheel wells. Said his insurance company doesn't want them removing the rims becuase of Insurance. I'm thinking if your not capable of removing and installing a rim, you should not be in the Automotive industry! I think its just another way of saying "we are lazy" $575.00 for spraying the bed in black. Add three more hundred for color. It's a Blue truck I was thinking of spraying it Blue. I called a second location they wanted $475.00 for Black an addional $99.00 for deluxe and $200 for each wheel well. A third place refuses to do the wheel wheels intirely. I called a Rhino liner dealer. The wanted $446.00 for the bed, add two hundred additional for color. $35.00 a wheel well for "undercoating". So my question are: 1) How bad would undercoating be in the wheel wells? 2) Your thoughts of Line-X vs Rhino lining. As a side note I had "Red " Rhino lining in a red truck about 15 years ago and had no trouble with the Rhino lining except that it held dirt since it was textured. I didn't have trouble with fading since I had a cap installed. 3) Do you think it would look better with black lining or Blue lining? Is it worth the $200 upgrade for color. Thanks!!!!!!

We got Rhino on my sons Silverado in 2007. It now looks like hell, so i'd stay away from that.

I have LineX on my Raptor. I got the premium/ultra top level stuff (not colored though), and I was $200 for the wheel wells (they didn't remove the rims, but spent about 90% of their taping time on the wells as opposed to the bed). the wheel wells look fantastic. The bed was $475 and that included having them do a custom graphic.

I haven't had it very long, but I was very impressed with the quality of their work, and the bed looks awesome. One note - they are a franchise and not all created equal. Troll all the pickup boards and search for lineX to see what people in your area think of the dealer. My guys do full vehicle coats all the time and have cars from from over 1000 miles away simply because of their quality.

here the original link on what mine looks like:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/ooo-looky-looky-mod-11734/

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would probably be OK with either one, but if you want to get picky:

For most colors, Rhino just uses automotive paint which is WAY less durable than LINE-X's Xtra product which is their product for colors. Rhino does not have a product like Xtra. LINE-X has another non-fading color product called XS-650, but it's VERY expensive. XS-650 is currently being applied all over Disneyland.

For a non-fading black (if you don't get black automotive paint), Rhino puts Rhino Shine on their bedliners but it must be reapplied once a year. It comes in a bottle and its thick and nasty. LINE-X has LINE-X Premium which is a one-time application. Rhino does not have a product like Premium. Rhino does have a product called Solarmax (actually, it's not really a Rhino product), but it's expensive and not all dealers offer it.

LINE-X is also WAY stronger than Rhino. According the technical data sheets, which I have, LINE-X has a 31% higher tear strength, a 53% higher tensile strength, and a 45 degree higher temperature tolerance.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grey might be ok if it matched the flares and bumpers. I probably wouldn't do yellow though. Make sure your do the wheel wells in black.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did want to do a contrasting color (white) for the logo in my bed, but apparently that cannot be done. the area you do has to be a single color fyi.

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to work for a place that did Line-X, and it is a great product. Much better than first generation Rhino. I know Rhino has some new stuff out thats supposed to be alot better, but I am not real familiar with it. We never sold the Deluxe or any other variants, as there just wasn't a demand. Color is expensive! The pigment to color is outrageous. When I did it (several years ago), color matching was difficult, so we usually got as close as possible and then top coated with a urethane paint, which was pretty durable. At the time Line-X didn't offer a product with perfect color match so this was the best way to go, not sure how good they have gotten. There are a lot of high dollar protectorants out there, but the best thing to use is a tire cleaner (Armor All etc.). If you put that on every few months, the rubber will not oxidize, and will stay looking sharp. Black was also easier to repair if it is gouged or torn, as Line-X had "cold" patch kits in black but not colors (original spray in is a "hot" treatment). It is a franchise, so there are good and bad dealers out there.

I don't know how to embed the video, but here is a link to a Line-X product used to bombproof the Pentagon. Click on the Paxcon Video on the page.
LINE-X Sprayon Bedliners, Protective Coatings, Truck Bed Coating, Floor Coating, Industrial Flooring

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go Line-x over Rhino after seeing some of my friends that had rhino done. Just doesn't seem to hold up well and Line-X has a much better nationwide warranty. My only problem is finding a Line-X dealer. I have to go 2-3 hours away and I'm getting a wide range of quotes and one dealer said they'd do the wells, but with undercoat and not the bed liner.

Anyone know the major differences (look or longevity) between regular and undercoat?

OP
OP
StrayCat

StrayCat

Reaction score
I called yesterday to see if I could drop my truck off, since I had a ride. Now there telling me they have to order the stuff to from Corporate to allow them to use Blue. They have every excuse in the book why they can't work. I think thats what is wrong with America. When I was a kid you were like "throw me the ball" Now thier like. I can't take the ball, my Insurance won't let me take the Tires off the Truck. I can't to it today I don't have the material. I asked what else do you do there? Nothing, just Line-x. Thats all you do and you don't stock the appropriate materials. I don't think they realize how important it is to have a ride to drop off your truck and then 5 hours later to pick it up! He said I could watch TV while I wait. Like I have time to do that, I need to get back to work so I can afford $800 to pay for my spray in Liner, You ********! Is this the same ass I will be supporting with my Obama dollars when he is out off a job, cause he didn't have the materials to spay my bed liner, and either closed his buseness or got laid off? I'm just saying!