Replacement remote and key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you only have one key, you'll need to get the new one programmed by either the dealer or a locksmith who has the capability.

OP
OP
G

Gumart1

Reaction score
That should work perfectly, thanks for the link. Did you get a key from them as well? Same as the E-Bay one? Does the Dealer need to also program the key itself?

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got my key from the stealership, give them your VIN and they program it. Can't remember exactly what it cost, I think it was around 60 or70 bucks

jocdmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I got screwed then- I payed around 300. The key and an hour to program it. WTF ???
From what I understand if you have 2 keys you can program a 3rd on your own but if you only have 1 then you need the dealership to program it.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand if you have 2 keys you can program a 3rd on your own but if you only have 1 then you need the dealership to program it.

This is true. I found a great deal on two Ford factory remote uncut keys on ebay for 65 bucks and had my dealer cut them to one of my original keys. It took less than 10 minutes to program both the key and remote for my truck. I also learned that some locksmiths can clone you a key if you only have one but that cloned key cannot be used to program a third key. Always pays to have at least one extra copy of your key in case you lose one.

Mark

Jpro39

Reaction score
How many keys come with the 2021 raptor? I only have one electric one and one basic metal key. Is that correct?

85eurocarrera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through this.

I managed to lock key in truck, while running! I knew where code is located, but never recorded it. Have it on phone now! I only had one key.

Local ACE hardware had blanks for $90 and with fobs for $200. Included programming, which on my 2011 took a 10 minutes lock out or something.

I went with the $90 blank, which needed programming too.