Recall 2017's with 8" productivity screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank god for the search feature here. I've been experiencing this as well. Will try the paddles to see if it'll reappear this afternoon. When I throw it into manual mode, the active gear will illuminate but other numbers are blank.

Has anyone taken it in for service? Would hate for them to open up the instrument cluster and have horrid rattles afterwards. I'm hoping this is a software glitch that they'll work out.

e08afa38dd3175e66e1427d03ef5dbf6.jpg

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^
Mine was like that(blank) when I first got it. I think I read on here that somebody hit the plus sign on the shifter and it lights up the numbers 1-10.
Since I did that, my numbers have always stayed there, unless I hit the + or - on the shifter again.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit the upshift (+) paddle and they will turn on. Mine go off from time to time for no apparent reason, but just takes a short trigger action of your right hand and they come back.

cstunkard

Reaction score
I wasn't intending to be an arse by saying read the owners manual... even though I guess it could come across that way.

I didn't read mine until after I had been driving the truck for a couple of months and I found answers to several things that seemed odd to me or behaved differently than my Gen1.

The darn thing is over 500 pages so I skipped the stuff that didn't interest me.

Last edited:

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shift indicator has never lit up on the consul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strangely, they don't light up on the centre console, it is the PRNDM in the main display that is at issue.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Hit the upshift (+) paddle and they will turn on. Mine go off from time to time for no apparent reason, but just takes a short trigger action of your right hand and they come back.

It seems to disappear for no reason, even when you're sure you didn't hit the paddle, but probably what is happening is you are hitting the +button on the shifter itself.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to disappear for no reason, even when you're sure you didn't hit the paddle, but probably what is happening is you are hitting the +button on the shifter itself.

Interesting. I didnt know that would do it. I'll pay more attention to that. Thanks for the tip.