Raptors in harsh winter climates!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willjco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a raptor but I am in Fairbanks Alaska where it is -40 for months. Does anyone have experience in such a climate and thoughts on how the raptor does!!

Thanks in advance

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We haven't been down that low yet but it has been in the negatives. Just start her and let her warm up and no issues. At that cold I'd try to keep it in garage or plug it in and I think you'll be fine. No diff than any other vehicle. Actually I think my raptor does better than my wife's escape.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Its very good im in north ontario most of time where its -30 and have to drive through non winter maintanve roads its awesone

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to live far up north in Yellowknife, NWT. We always plugged in our vehicles, used a battery blanket. I used to use an electric heater to keep the cab near freezing as it used to get down to -60 with the windchill lots. All depends on your comfort level needed.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
-5 fahrenheit will start with remote not plugged in. it will get to 20below but not yet this year thank goodness. that is out side no garage

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also in the NWT with plenty of cold weather. Power steering hose blew on both my g/f 2011 and my 2012 in the same spot on the pressure hose. Dealer replaced the hose and filled with Amsoil ATF making a huge difference. Definitely swap fluids to synthetic and you shouldn't have any problems with a proper warm up.

Sliderpilot

Reaction score
CoronaRaptor mentioned a battery blanket, so curious if that was the black foam-type material that came out in pieces that was wrapped around the battery. If so, I will be replacing that battery and should probably replace that blanket also???