Raptor Mud Flaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got them and am very happy with them. Nearly impossible to keep the truck clean without them up here in Alaska. Also helps protect the paint. My 2011 looks like it was sandblasted since I never installed any. I don't mind the look at all.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what's the deal with this concept of mud flaps are for mall crawlers? Aren't folks who actually get off road more inclined to get some? The logic in this thread seems backwards to me, but ok.
If those were on my truck, they would get ripped off immediately (by the ground). I dovetailed my bed for more departure angle after destroying my factory rear bumper in the desert. At full compression, those are practically touching the ground.

Not saying these look bad or aren't functional, but you asked why off-roaders wouldn't want them. It's not that they don't want them, it's that it is impossible to keep them attached.

Not all off-roading is equal. Keep in mind the raptor is build for high speed desert, so this site skews to high speed desert (albeit much less so in recent years). There just isn't a tremendous amount of mud in the desert and I regularly scrape everything on the lower third of the truck. If you were muddin' in the midwest, these might make more sense, but Baja-style running would destroy them.

carmelk6

Reaction score
Thought about this a while before buying the husky flaps. The raptor flaps were too much for me, badging and far below the well. Bought the front and rear but only installed the front. They had the best balance of profile and clearance. Have a rear set happy to sell.

5F01FFDD-2CBD-47FE-9204-4247DB35863F.jpeg

carmelk6

Reaction score
Having had a wrangler with no flaps - rain and mud always in the cab with windows down and more so when the doors were off. The front flaps keep crap off the door and I can put the window down safely in most conditions

OP
OP
PNW_AJ

PNW_AJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the response I live in the NW so lots of mud and rain. Mostly fire trails with loose gravel which is my main concern of those scratches.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I personally don’t like the looks of them. Looks old fella-ish. Not that I’m young or am I old lol

But for functionality I’m sure they work well. So I’m cool with what other people like.

Now if someone made a trick retractable mud flap, I may be game. I mean you can have a freshly cleaned and polished truck and drive down the road in one rain storm and these tires will have the whole truck trashed like that! So off roading is that much worse.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that set on my truck. Those who say they won't stand baja style running or rock crawling are simply trolls. They haven't run them and trash the idea. I call BS on their opinion as I have actual experience and have jumped my truck to full compression and the flaps keep on tickin. Nothing I've done has damaged them. They are rubber and flex endlessly. As far as badging that's a personal choice but functionally being able to keep crap out of your window off your side mirrors and out of your bed is very desirable. "true" off roaders DO care about how their vehicle looks the day after and these will help. "true" off roaders DO place paint protection as a distant second place to being able to wreck the trails and dunes but it DOES matter unless you're that dumpy guy that doesn't take care of his equipment and thinks fugly makes hime a "true" off roader