Raptor Mud Flaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what's the deal with this concept of mud flaps are for mall crawlers? Aren't folks who actually get off road more inclined to get some? The logic in this thread seems backwards to me, but ok.

I don't care for the Gatorback "Raptor" one's that much, but the RockBlokz are nice, have the fronts installed.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just curious, what's the deal with this concept of mud flaps are for mall crawlers? Aren't folks who actually get off road more inclined to get some? The logic in this thread seems backwards to me, but ok.

My guess is that the goal of mudflaps is to keep crap off the side of the truck, which shouldn't be too important to the committed off roaders, but would to those who want the truck to stay pretty. I will say though that mud on the sides does look cool, and makes you wonder what the owner did with his weekend.

I might also guess that for rockcrawling and rougher terrain in general, mud flaps would just get in the way.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the goal of mudflaps is to keep crap off the side of the truck, which shouldn't be too important to the committed off roaders, but would to those who want the truck to stay pretty. I will say though that mud on the sides does look cool, and makes you wonder what the owner did with his weekend.

I might also guess that for rockcrawling and rougher terrain in general, mud flaps would just get in the way.

Sure...it looks cool. I'm guessing there are some owners who might have priorities that aren't mutually exclusive in their minds, like going off road while at the same time attempting to keep their paint relatively chip free - maybe?