Raptor/limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrpork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went looking at some new fords today. Seen a limited on the lot. My ? To you all is would you purchase a limited instead of a raptor. Keep in mind im not going to be using a raptor to it's full potential (i live in rhode island and there really isnt any place to go, no desert). The limited is cheaper by a few thousand. Love the raptor but ............

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah if towing of any substantial weight is a consideration, the Limited is the better call.

If this is going to be a daily driver / family outing / commute vehicle / general use... go with the one that will make you feel better. Will the Limited's slightly better refinements make you feel better? Or will the uniqueness and badassness of the Raptor do it for you?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I didn't care about having a Raptor but wanted a pickup I'd get an F-150 with the EcoBoost motor. I'm sure it can be optioned quite nicely...

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the tow rating on an F150 with the 6.2 is around 10000-11000 pounds. The Raptor crew is only 8000.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Limited does not have as much tow rating as the screw Raptor. It can only be had with the 6.2 and it has an AWD transfer case without 4L
The lack of 4L is not going to effect towing ability. The Limited might have a lower tow rating because of its 22 in tires and wheels.
I'm pretty sure the tow rating on an F150 with the 6.2 is around 10000-11000 pounds. The Raptor crew is only 8000.
11,300 is only for trucks with the max tow package. The Limited/HD is 7500.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The limited or even a base line 4x4 or better yet the FX4 package is more than enough. Bottom line the Raptor is a wanna have not a must have truck. It serves no real purpose beyond a normal F150 other than its off-road capabilities, thus if you are not planning on going off-road, there is NO reason to buy one other than the looks and extra money. Heck I in NO way needed a Raptor, and will be lucky to take it off road to it full capabilities, and my old FX4 was plenty.