Raptor envy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife and I went out to dinner tonight and on the way home had to deal with one of the RAM drivers a lot of you have mentioned. He tried his best to challenge me. I told my wife he wasn’t worth the gas and I let him go...

I’ll chalk that up to him wishing he had such a distinctive truck.
Yup, RAM owners are the worst it seems. You handled it perfectly. Racing on the street in any vehicle can be so dangerous for not only you and your passenger(s), but also for innocent people around you. I've been tempted myself but I won't bite!

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down here they most certainly try the same BS; rather than wait in line, they ride up the front of the line and look for a gap they can nose in front of someone.

One day I really want to follow one of these people to the grocery store or something, wait for them to try and get into the cashier line and then try the same thing on them. I bet they wouldn't find that very funny at all.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
One day I really want to follow one of these people to the grocery store or something, wait for them to try and get into the cashier line and then try the same thing on them. I bet they wouldn't find that very funny at all.

Yeah.. that happens here too, it’s not just limited to auto driving behavior.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had many experiences with people wanting to race but I usually ignore.

The only one I can remember was a newer model f 150 with a coyote engine riving his loud V8 the eco boost killer at the stop light.

I got pissed from the way he was riving and automatically, went to 4 A and held the brakes and acceleration and when it got green boom I never saw him.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they’re passing you on the right, then you’re in the wrong lane, and they’re just trying to inform you that you’re that *******.

Don’t be that *******.

Everyone else would take the opportunity to strangle that ******* to death, if they ever found themselves alone in a dark alley with them.

LOL - we only have 2 lane highways and I promise you I am not the one holding anyone up. But I also don't weave through traffic and pass people on the right to make things even worse during 5pm rush hour traffic. ******

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem with the fast lane is that 'fast' means something different to different people. I usually find myself going up to 10 mph over the speed limit on highways, if traffic allows. Occasionally, there's someone who wants to go faster than that. I'd switch lanes, but switching lanes sometimes means I have to slow down myself since the other lanes are going the speed limit. I am passing, just not at the speed the other guy would like. I fail to see how that would make me the *******.

As far as people trying to challenge me, I don't see it that much. Trucks are very common in my area, with lots of Raptors, Super Duty's , and all manner of modded trucks. The Raptor doesn't stand out all that much. There are those that will tailgate and such, but that's just people being themselves, hasn't nothing to do with the vehicle in front of them. I don't get tailgated as much as I used to, but I'm just as likely to be tailgated by some grandma in a pontiac as I am in some guy in a Ram.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with the fast lane is that 'fast' means something different to different people.

I usually find myself going up to 10 mph over the speed limit on highways, if traffic allows. Occasionally, there's someone who wants to go faster than that. I'd switch lanes, but switching lanes sometimes means I have to slow down myself since the other lanes are going the speed limit. I am passing, just not at the speed the other guy would like. I fail to see how that would make me the *******.

Excatly, thats why I am rarely in the left-most/fast lane - if I can help it.

If I'm on the road with little traffic, I'll be in the second lane. I'll overtake from the left and get back on the second lane if theres a slower car in the second lane.

But see, if someone is passing faster than you, then you really need to move over the minute it becomes safe to. If you don't, well then thats how you are the **** orifice.
Then when the fast or faster cars have passed, you can get back in the left lane to overtake.

Preference goes to whoever is overtaking faster - because speed is subjective and none of us are police to enforce or dictate "whats fast or fast enough".

I mentioned this in another thread - after a decade of people complaining about left-lane hoggers, the department of traffic have installed cameras almost every 300 meters that will fine left lane hoggers and those who dangerously tailgate. By dangerously I mean not giving the slower person the chance to move over before you tailgate.

And its wonderul - its only been about a month and cars now simply don't hog the left lane or move over way before I have to flash my lights (which I hate doing) or come close so they get the message. So much stress has been relieved.

But it makes you think. They're not not-******** anymore. They're still ******** who just don't want to be fined. While the daily problem has been resolved, the longer-term sociobehavior remains the same.

When theres traffic, I have to be in the left lane but immediately move over when I see a faster oncoming car.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with the fast lane is that 'fast' means something different to different people. I usually find myself going up to 10 mph over the speed limit on highways, if traffic allows. Occasionally, there's someone who wants to go faster than that. I'd switch lanes, but switching lanes sometimes means I have to slow down myself since the other lanes are going the speed limit. I am passing, just not at the speed the other guy would like. I fail to see how that would make me the *******.

Allow me to explain. Whether you’re doing 10mph over the speed limit, or 100mph over the speed limit, if/when someone is coming up behind you at a faster speed, please signal and move over ASAP. It works like magic in Germany. We can only fantasize that people could do that in the US.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excatly, thats why I am rarely in the left-most/fast lane - if I can help it.

If I'm on the road with little traffic, I'll be in the second lane. I'll overtake from the left and get back on the second lane if theres a slower car in the second lane.

But see, if someone is passing faster than you, then you really need to move over the minute it becomes safe to. If you don't, well then thats how you are the **** orifice.
Then when the fast or faster cars have passed, you can get back in the left lane to overtake.

Preference goes to whoever is overtaking faster - because speed is subjective and none of us are police to enforce or dictate "whats fast or fast enough".

If were talking about a situation where there is only one vehicle to pass in that second lane, then sure. However, I find that that's often not the case. There is often several cars in that second lane that I want to pass, and I don't want to get in that lane and slow down to 60 just because the guy behind me wants to go 80 instead of the 70 that I want to go. There is no preference to whoever is overtaking faster rule that you're claiming. None of us are the police, sure, but no police officer is going to claim I needed to switch lanes to accomodate someone going 80, when I am using the passing lane for what it's designed for...passing.

I mentioned this in another thread - after a decade of people complaining about left-lane hoggers, the department of traffic have installed cameras almost every 300 meters that will fine left lane hoggers and those who dangerously tailgate. By dangerously I mean not giving the slower person the chance to move over before you tailgate.

You are talking about something different now, which is people just driving in the left-lane and not passing anyone. As far as tailgating, there is never a time when it's ok to tailgate someone. It's not a matter of of being polite, it's a matter of safety. If the vehicle in front of you needs to brake quickly, you won't be able to stop in time. The idea that it's ok to tailgate someone because they won't get out of your way is just wrong. I'm not saying it's ok to drive slow in the fast or passing lane, but it's not justification for tailgating.

And its wonderul - its only been about a month and cars now simply don't hog the left lane or move over way before I have to flash my lights (which I hate doing) or come close so they get the message. So much stress has been relieved.

You were stressed out because the cars in front of you wouldn't let you go as fast as you wanted? Traffic sucks, yes, and I get annoyed by slow drivers, but stressed out by it?

But it makes you think. They're not not-******** anymore. They're still ******** who just don't want to be fined. While the daily problem has been resolved, the longer-term sociobehavior remains the same.

Many of the people I see driving slow in the fast lane aren't ********, there just idiots or naive. Regardless, I don't think that one person's poor behavior justifies anyone else poor behavior, specifically tailgating.

When theres traffic, I have to be in the left lane but immediately move over when I see a faster oncoming car.

I will if I'm not currently passing someone. If I am passing, but not fastest enough for the guy behind me...that's his/her problem, not mine.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If were talking about a situation where there is only one vehicle to pass in that second lane, then sure. However, I find that that's often not the case. There is often several cars in that second lane that I want to pass, and I don't want to get in that lane and slow down to 60 just because the guy behind me wants to go 80 instead of the 70 that I want to go. There is no preference to whoever is overtaking faster rule that you're claiming. None of us are the police, sure, but no police officer is going to claim I needed to switch lanes to accomodate someone going 80, when I am using the passing lane for what it's designed for...passing.

You are talking about something different now, which is people just driving in the left-lane and not passing anyone. As far as tailgating, there is never a time when it's ok to tailgate someone. It's not a matter of of being polite, it's a matter of safety. If the vehicle in front of you needs to brake quickly, you won't be able to stop in time. The idea that it's ok to tailgate someone because they won't get out of your way is just wrong. I'm not saying it's ok to drive slow in the fast or passing lane, but it's not justification for tailgating.

You were stressed out because the cars in front of you wouldn't let you go as fast as you wanted? Traffic sucks, yes, and I get annoyed by slow drivers, but stressed out by it?

Many of the people I see driving slow in the fast lane aren't ********, there just idiots or naive. Regardless, I don't think that one person's poor behavior justifies anyone else poor behavior, specifically tailgating.

I will if I'm not currently passing someone. If I am passing, but not fastest enough for the guy behind me...that's his/her problem, not mine.

Going a measly 10mph over the speed limit in the left lane when someone is behind you is a bitch move. Can’t sugar coat that for you anymore then that.

A Prius can do better then that.