Raptor envy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get rubbernecked by dudes in super duty’s checking it out and usually get a nod or thumbs up. Honestly who street races a pickup? That’s just weird.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a related note, I have notice that people are much more apt to let me merge into a lane in the Raptor than any other vehicle I have owned.

I love it on the highway. Cars get out of the fast lane like you're parting the red sea. People in NH are great about moving to the right anyway, but when I have to drive in MA (worst drivers anywhere) it moves people out of the way like no other vehicle.

HankTheTank

Reaction score
:mwah1:Yes my Raptor gets a lot of Wanna Be Racer attention too. Not so much now because people know what the Raptor can do but in 2017 lots. Mostly Chevy and Dodge trucks and surprisingly Econobox SUV's. The Sport Mode button should be called the Jaw Dropper. Off the line in Sport Mode there aren't many stock cars or trucks that can compete. Beware the Teslas though, off the line they can be quicker than expected. I got surprised by one that I assumed I had smoked off the line but I went to change lanes and he was right there in my blind spot! The little yellow light saved me. The other surprise was an older 2500HD Chevy 4×4 Crew Cab Long Bed Lifted Turbo Diesel. I was just cruising at 75ish in the middle lane. He comes up on me and paces me in the left lane side by side. Ah its a Coal Roller so Ill just pass him before I hit the next log jam. Well he floors it and cuts me off in a black cloud. I dont like to be behind those kerosene BBQs. So next break in traffic I put it in Sport Mode and passed him just barely. Hes then tailing me till the next opening. Comes beside me on the right and I floored it but at that speed Sport Mode does not do much. My truck is stock. He was staying at my side slightly ahead. So I Iet him go. I was running out of gearing and we were coming up on the next log jam.

Some of the older Chevy Turbo Diesels are amazingly quick at freeway speeds. Dont know what size engine he had, only saw 2500HD badge and the huge exhaust outlet. Beware the black cloud! The other truck to beware is the old Dodge Ram with the Viper V10. Very fast and torquey. And the F150 Lightning Muscle Trucks are quick too.

The Econobox SUV tailgaters are just wishing. When traffic opens up I I'll put it in Sport Mode and let 'em smell some Sulphur. But inevitably they will come up later at high speed and pass me through traffic. Whatever, beat and release is my motto. They will feel good now thinking they beat a Raptor! Live the dream!!!

The other thing is I have NEVER had women come up to me to compliment on any other vehicle. Several fine looking girls have come up to me and told me "I love your truck". Wow, very cool. One was even with her husband. He walked away...

Wanna go for a ride?

:bleh: :mwah1:

Aloha, HT

My last truck was a lightly modded ‘03 Chevy Duramax. I was surprised how how closely the acceleration felt compared to my ‘17 Raptor. Those big diesels can PULL. Damn I miss the sound of that the old gals engine. I don’t miss every other thing about it though haha

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Dodge Hellcat elicited exactly the same responses from the masses.
It like the fastest-gun-in-the-west coming to town and everybody wants a look or a draw.
:gr_guns:

Lol I had the same experience with my Redeye. Couldn’t go anywhere with it without someone trying to race you.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for the group. Do you get people in other trucks driving more aggressively around you? I drive the speed limit and I have guys blowing by me, or at a red light trying to “beat me” off the line.

I’ve driven Ford trucks for the last 25 years and never experienced people reacting to my truck until I bought a Raptor. Am I paranoid, or are other drivers that intimidated?

All the time! My wife even noticed it. It's actually turned into a comedy act.
Envy it is.

GunMonkeyINTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all the time, tailgating me, passing me on the right....never fails.
If they’re passing you on the right, then you’re in the wrong lane, and they’re just trying to inform you that you’re that *******.

Don’t be that *******.

Everyone else would take the opportunity to strangle that ******* to death, if they ever found themselves alone in a dark alley with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc