Raptor Bed bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meh, TTY bolts (which the bed bolts are not ) normal can be used 3 times. But do you take that chance on a $2500+++ head gasket job?????

Other bolts like bed bolts that are deemed one time use only are another story.

It is my understanding/believe that there was a point in the service manual that "lock-tite" was "required" / "recommended " on some fasteners.

Due to a law suit, where said thread adhesive was not applied, accident happened and manufacturer (FoMoCo, GM , Toyota, doesn't not matter) was sued and lost, the manufacturer then became liable. So now service manuals say bolts must be replaced. New bolts have thread locker preapplied.

This way if a bolt is not replaced the liability now turns to repair facility.

Most bolts can be reused, just apply thread adhesive, but again my lawyer we tell me to tell you " do so at your own risk"
Well, some bolts are actually stretch bolts which are deemed one time use. Not sure if the bed bolts are this type but if they are, they generally (stretch bolts) can be used twice.

Reaction score
I can see this thread is a little old, but I wanted to give my two cents. Those bolts in the truck bed are actually there to secure the bed to the chassis. But you could probably use them for adding some hooks or attachments for bungee cables if you wanted to! I've actually repurposed those bed bolts myself for hooking up stuff, but it's crucial to consider their strength. Speaking of quality bolts and fasteners, I came across scrooz.com.au. They've got a fantastic range that you can trust for strength and reliability. Might be worth checking out if you're planning any creative modifications!

Last edited:

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to thank the spammers for bumping this two year old thread, but I can once again confirm that my bed has not fallen off yet despite reusing the original bed bolts four years ago.