Raptor Bed bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flame if you want but, no you don’t “have to” replace them. They will hold just fine if you reuse them.

OP if this is the kind of posts/mods your doing, you will have no issue reusing those bolts.

yup I’ve reused mine and they’re ok
khc makes hex head replacements which is the best idea
because the stock heads strip

OP
OP
Essam Riad

Essam Riad

Reaction score
I dont know i was under impression that whenever someone post a replay i will get a notificiation but i discovered all these reply when i was checking randomly. So thanks all for your replies, it made me realize that i was missing a lot of information about these things,

Thank you @Antho @smurfslayer @Peterb @realjones88 for the guidance.

Considering am not in USA and will need to order and international ship all these small items

To be safe, and if anyone thinks i can do it in an easier way also comments are more than welcomed

- i need to get a TP50 head or allen key to unscrew the OEM Bolts after removing the bedliner material with a dental pick or small screwdriver.
- Incase its 1 time use i need to buy 6 X M12 x 100mm Bolts to replace the OEMs that am taking out. and i can get it form below link 2 X each standard length Hex Bolt and Washer for front middle and rear: https://krazyhousecustoms.com/build-your-own-bed-bolt-kit/
- Purchase 6 retainers from the below link and insert each within every bolt i insert.

I read in the end of the KHC link the following statement "*Ford recommended bed bolt torque: 59 lb.ft (80 Nm)", do i need a specific tool to achieve this or i can ignore it ?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
- i need to get a TP50 head or allen key to unscrew the OEM Bolts after removing the bedliner material with a dental pick or small screwdriver.

I had a question about what size torx and I don’t think I dug it up previously. here’s the one I successfully used :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O846UI/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

t50 plus

I read in the end of the KHC link the following statement "*Ford recommended bed bolt torque: 59 lb.ft (80 Nm)", do i need a specific tool to achieve this or i can ignore it ?

Use a torque wrench to install them; I’d use a normal socket and “breaker bar” to assist in removing the bolts. Take your time and ensure the torx head is fully seated in the bolt head and keep it applied before applying any force. You may find it takes quite a bit more force to remove them than 59 pound feet...

good luck!

OP
OP
Essam Riad

Essam Riad

Reaction score
I also found the below which is ready from KHC for the Raptors. and it can be included with a replacement Bolts as an option. am texting them and i think this would be the much better option. Since i lack the Torque wrench and the TP50, i may go to a garage shop to unscrew and screw it back with some tools, cheaper than ordering and using once.

https://krazyhousecustoms.com/2-d-ring-cargo-tie-down/

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meh, TTY bolts (which the bed bolts are not ) normal can be used 3 times. But do you take that chance on a $2500+++ head gasket job?????

Other bolts like bed bolts that are deemed one time use only are another story.

It is my understanding/believe that there was a point in the service manual that "lock-tite" was "required" / "recommended " on some fasteners.

Due to a law suit, where said thread adhesive was not applied, accident happened and manufacturer (FoMoCo, GM , Toyota, doesn't not matter) was sued and lost, the manufacturer then became liable. So now service manuals say bolts must be replaced. New bolts have thread locker preapplied.

This way if a bolt is not replaced the liability now turns to repair facility.

Most bolts can be reused, just apply thread adhesive, but again my lawyer we tell me to tell you " do so at your own risk"