Raptar, this is master, it's time to land

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speck1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randy,
My history stops after the production date of 1/4. Nothing posted since that day. Can you think of any reason for that. The Ford rep that is looking into it is the one that updates me every 7 days. Plenty of trucks being delivered that were produced after mine and quicksands. Have not heard a logical explanation yet.

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surfacing from Fox Hole. My Raptor is still in Dearborn not on rail but scheduled to hit rail soon. Not sure which day. SVT told me to call back in two days so I will and hope for info though it sounds like the main Ford system updates weekly...at least the system SVT and Spek's rep use.

Next item, I just opened the reply from my salesman (note, my emails have all been pretty cordial considering the situation) and he flat dressed me down. From the work my trade needed to my requests as a paying customer who's never even stepped foot in the dealer at least for this deal. The guy is hanging by a ******* thread at this point and really should be fired.

I hope the ******* ***** on here relaying info to my salesman also gets it up the butt soon btw.

I'm over the BS gentlemen.

I'm saving my victory lap parade when I leave the dealership. The owner and GM will also never forget me after employing such an *******.

The salesman has received his final warning, lets hope he takes it and doesnt assume anything else moving forward. For ex, he assumed today that I was going to fill out a nasty survery bc of all this and in assuming this he basically didnt care what he wrote me today bc he assumed I would still trash him. Not true. Now all I have to do on the survey is copy/paste what he wrote me and he's toast. Dont want to do that but people need to be held accountable for their error. Dont you guys agree? WTF

The end result, this is ********. Flat messed up ********. Now I'm into with my dealer which I didnt want--THANKS FORD!

I'm also pissed I'm getting shit from my dealer over literally basic requests--shoudn't it be the other way around? I've been damn patient for about 4 months and still cordial to this day. One more time, just one more time and smoke n flames will be coming thru the phone line!

Final Result: Never buying a Ford again (though I know I will still love my Raptor) nor am I doing a deal 1K miles from my steel toe boot being up someones ass!

Going back in Fox Hole....:Jedi:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am experiencing similar delays in taking final Raptor delivery as many others before me and Im sure more after me and yes...it just sucks being in this situation. I understand thats how it goes. Like most members I simply wanted clear updates so I could run my LIFE.....something you cant do succesfully in 2012 without an automobile.

I gather our trucks are delayed bc Ford is shipping all trucks built this month at the same time and thats why the "inspection" is taking so long. Normal. Why couldnt my dealer react the same or tell me this, why did I have to figure it out on my own.

Hell, I even reminded my dealer today that he told me to be upset (more than once) yet when I finally got a tad upset in a mostly general tense....it was a shock to him? It got direct when I explained not appreciating being in the position of providing information on delivery to the salesman--that he should otherwise be providing to me. Why is this such a mystery in the world of wrong? Wait, I got it, what's right is wrong and what's wrong is right in America these days. Got it, Gay, Moving onward.

My last positive update almost two weeks ago was the dealer saying truck was off rail and in NM (still in Dearborn as of today fyi) waiting to be dropped off at the dealership last Monday 1/23. You can find the post on this forum where I said same as I was excited. Then it changed again and again.

This is really unfortunate and I hope no one goes through both the extra Raptor wait BS + Dealer BS I've simultaneously had to endure in the same day after 4 months of waiting/preparing. The Raptor really means a lot to me and I want it to be a fun purchase. That likely wont happen until I'm well on my way down the road from the dealer lot. Which is fine. I just hope I'm not being set up (will explain after delivery) and overall I cant believe this is even a topic right now after so much time/effort.

Will keep the forum posted though I understand it's crappy news no one wants to read nor do I want to write. But it must be shared so others know and so I can sleep tonight. Thanks for allowing me to vent/share.

Last edited: