Question about Nav system and using Bluetooth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have a need for my nav system too often, but it's obviously great when you need it. I never noticed this until lately, and I want to find out if it's normal operation. The nav works great if I'm not on the phone. If I use the bluetooth for my phone, the nav goes quiet, no voice prompts, no tones, is that normal? I talked to a girl at Ford corporate today and she said this is NOT normal. We played with some of the settings, but nothing changed. I would have thought that it would be like using nav on my phone, if you are talking with someone, you still get voice prompts. Normal or not normal? No, we are not talking about if I'm normal or not. We all know that answer!

I have an android phone and really don't like to use Android auto. I just connect the phone with Bluetooth. I'd much rather do that, so I'm hoping that's not the issue. I'm fairly ignorant on this stuff.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Dude? Your truck and Lucille are friends. I hate to be the one to tell you this but... Your truck doesn’t like you.

if you b/t on the phone, the speakers are in use. Nav will chime at you if you are on a call, but not blare over your phone call. I think music will get prompted over though.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
If your having trouble finding your way around Sir, I have an old Garmin 550I I can send your way ;)
I seem to recollect the voice prompts, zipping it’s lips when I’m talking on the phone. It will interrupt your tunes, but not a conversation. It should still give you the visual indicators or just look for the Large ADULT THEATER sign, they are most likely lit up ;)

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your having trouble finding your way around Sir, I have an old Garmin 550I I can send your way ;)
I seem to recollect the voice prompts, zipping it’s lips when I’m talking on the phone. It will interrupt your tunes, but not a conversation. It should still give you the visual indicators or just look for the Large ADULT THEATER sign, they are most likely lit up ;)
Dude? Your truck and Lucille are friends. I hate to be the one to tell you this but... Your truck doesn’t like you.

if you b/t on the phone, the speakers are in use. Nav will chime at you if you are on a call, but not blare over your phone call. I think music will get prompted over though.

Thanks, that's why I wanted to ask you guys. The girl at Ford was super nice, but I had the feeling she just honestly didn't know but was trying her best to help me.

Does Android Auto and Waze work the same way? If they do, the goats will just have to wait until I get where I'm going to talk to me.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I don't have a need for my nav system too often, but it's obviously great when you need it. I never noticed this until lately, and I want to find out if it's normal operation. The nav works great if I'm not on the phone. If I use the bluetooth for my phone, the nav goes quiet, no voice prompts, no tones, is that normal? I talked to a girl at Ford corporate today and she said this is NOT normal. We played with some of the settings, but nothing changed. I would have thought that it would be like using nav on my phone, if you are talking with someone, you still get voice prompts. Normal or not normal? No, we are not talking about if I'm normal or not. We all know that answer!

I have an android phone and really don't like to use Android auto. I just connect the phone with Bluetooth. I'd much rather do that, so I'm hoping that's not the issue. I'm fairly ignorant on this stuff.

The goats love it I bet.

holder.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Does Android Auto and Waze work the same way? If they do, the goats will just have to wait until I get where I'm going to talk to me.

When we were kitting up for a ride in the Olde Country (across the pond) I was shopping helmet comms. Sales guy was touting the various mic settings, including push to talk. I told him I want it set up with “push to listen”.

:)

It was fun while it lasted, but once the wife realized i was serious, she would just slap the back of my helmet. If I didn’t respond fast enough, she would just hit the helmet harder.