GEN 2 Pulled the trigger on a 2020 Rocky Ridge Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MR JB

Reaction score
I have a rocky ridge and love it they gave me two different warranty on it and I could not pass the deal up out the door less than 65 thousand and I have drove it hard for going on 6 months with no problems so we will see if it last

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not intending to bash Rocky ridge but this was my experience. I once bought a rocky ridge Silverado LTZ Z71 from my local Chevy dealer. Less than a month after purchase I developed a terrible vibration and wobble in steering column. It started around 45mph and only got worse the faster I went.

Took back to dealership. They checked wheels, road force balanced tires, and tightened a "loose" bolt on lift per their sales manager. Needless to say it did nothing and vibration and wobble still present. Dealership contacted rocky ridge for troubleshooting and insight with their lift/product. They basically washed their hands of the truck and said that it was on the dealership to service and maintenance the vehicle.

After that the dealer had my truck for several weeks trouble shooting, replacing parts, etc and could not figure out or remedy the problem. All the costs were eaten by dealership as chevy would not cover under warranty bc of alterations from rocky ridge and rocky ridge didnt provide assistance with their product. After some minor fussing I had it bought back.

The dealership has never purchased another rocky ridge after that experience. There seems to be ALOT of rocky ridge conversions on smaller privately owned used lots around here but u never see them on the lot at the big dealerships new or used.

My cousin owns one of those used lots and says he sees them at auction all the time! He won't buy them bc of my experience.

That was also the point in my life that I said I would never buy a vehicle with an aftermarket package like that. They overcharge. You could have a reliable shop do the same for much less money. And at the end of the day, u lose ur A$$ if u trade bc when they run the VIN its just the stock truck to them and the bank. U may get them to throw an extremely small fraction of extra money at u but its pennies compared to the upcharge of the package.

At the end of the day its ur choice and if u love the truck then do what makes u happy. But I would personally buy a stock raptor, save the cash, grab a tune from goose and modify as you want for much less!

Is it just too hard to type the word “you” when interacting with adults?

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just too hard to type the word “you” when interacting with adults?
Lol... my phone actually autocorrects/autofills to it. I don't even realize it does it half the time until after. Of course I proof read anything of importance for work, etc..... I'll try and be more conscientious of it when I post on here too.

Btw Edited all u's!

Last edited:

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any mods on the truck I would do or have some shop do it as per my request so I know exactly what's is being done and how is being done. HELL!!! Isn't it that's part of the fun of owning a new vehicle? to make it your own?

GSXR

Reaction score
I almost bought a black Rocky Ridge. The suspension modifications are what made me run away. Somewhat pathetic lift components considering the stock vehicle.
The painted fenders look great as an upside!