Powertrax Pro MX Life Hack (Home Link Operates it!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I must be the only goofball who thinks this mod rocks.
No I don't have the powertrax (I have the retrax) but I do think using the homelink is kinda cool. Granted, having to get in the truck with it running to open the cover seems, less than ideal to me. Usually, you want to open the cover when you're standing at the tailgate - so having to get in the truck, open, walk back to the bed seems a chore.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your driver side visor.

3 buttons that you can program to open and closer your garage doors. Home link it’s called.

If they are already programmed, clear it by pressing and holding the two outside buttons for 10 seconds until the light goes on and off.

To program. Press the desired button, it’ll blink... press and hold the button on the powertrax key fob until the blinking on the home link stops. Press button one more time to save.

I programmed left button to open. Right button to close and middle button to control the light.

works great

Soooooooo. How do you do it? I can’t wait!!!!!

Rmax150

Reaction score
your driver side visor.

3 buttons that you can program to open and closer your garage doors. Home link it’s called.

If they are already programmed, clear it by pressing and holding the two outside buttons for 10 seconds until the light goes on and off.

To program. Press the desired button, it’ll blink... press and hold the button on the powertrax key fob until the blinking on the home link stops. Press button one more time to save.

I programmed left button to open. Right button to close and middle button to control the light.

works great

Omg omg omg omg omg omgggggggggg!!!!! Holy 8lb 6oz dear sweet baby Jesus! I just did this in about 2 mins and it works!!!!! I can take off my rigged remote on the dash (pic attached).

You sir, are genius! I owe you beer and steak or waffles or boudin or couscous or whatever your heart desires!

In the deep old Real American Heros voice... Here’s to you Mr Using Homelink to Control a Cool Man’s Cover. Where most normal people say, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, you say, “ if it ain’t broke, it don’t have enough features yet.” So crack open a nice cold Bud Light because without you, we would still be using handheld remotes.

99915794-0926-4D57-894C-B13F48751E97.jpeg

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally! Someone who sees the novelty!

Omg omg omg omg omg omgggggggggg!!!!! Holy 8lb 6oz dear sweet baby Jesus! I just did this in about 2 mins and it works!!!!! I can take off my rigged remote on the dash (pic attached).

You sir, are genius! I owe you beer and steak or waffles or boudin or couscous or whatever your heart desires!

In the deep old Real American Heros voice... Here’s to you Mr Using Homelink to Control a Cool Man’s Cover. Where most normal people say, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, you say, “ if it ain’t broke, it don’t have enough features yet.” So crack open a nice cold Bud Light because without you, we would still be using handheld remotes.

View attachment 148581

Maddog77

Reaction score
Ohhhhh, That’s bad ass!!! Like a kid getting his first BMX bike under the Christmas tree!!!! Thank you for sharing!

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It totally is better than the key fob. I used it yesterday to open up the back at goodwill to drop some donations of some stuff we don’t use any more. I’m a big believer in donating instead of throwing away. If it’s a quality item.... just because I no longer use it, doesn’t mean someone else can’t or won’t.

But back on topic... it was nice using the buttons from within the truck and they’re a lot smoother and easier to press than the fob.

nermol

Reaction score
This may have pushed me over the edge for the powertraxpro! Now to decide if I want the XR or MX staked....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iAmNotorious