PowerScope/Max Tow Mirrors Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackraptor99

Reaction score
I installed diodes initially so the marker light would be dimmer than when blinking but then the marker wasn't bright enough compared to the other marker lights. In the end I just made the Recon LED a marker light and didn't bother with having it blink when signalling. There's no need to have it blink to be honest.

There are a lot of wires going into the back of that big connector and it's covered up with sheathing. Rather than trying to figure out which one might have park light power I just found the right wire to tap into beside the drivers seat sill cover, spliced in and ran it as noted above. You only need to run one wire (pick up ground in mirror) so only a very small hole needed to be drilled through the back of the connector so you can't see it. Even if you were able to find the wire in the connector I believe you'd have to put a pin in the door side as they're all blank. I searched the other F150 forums for a better solution but this was the best I could find.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam ljn looks good and you beat me to it. Did u end up wiring the power extending? I'm gonna do that when I get off this ship.

And the mirrors come with powerfold and power telescope and there is no way to change that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also like to add the tow mirrors as well. I do currently have the stock power fold mirrors. However I am thinking about going a different route and just getting the max tow mirrors without the power fold option from a 2009-2013 F150. I have seen them priced around $200 bucks for each side new. I have weighted the options and I just don’t ever use the power fold that much. I am assuming that all the other functions should still work such as heated, powered mirror, puddle lamp and turn signals. Anybody tried this with the non-power fold option? Thanks

OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still haven't had a chance to run the wires to get the lights to work as clearance lights...just had a baby so garage time has been tight for the last month. I still think it would be easier to try tap into the wire on the truck side of the door connector - the wire coming from the mirror that we tap into (baby brain right now but I think if I am remembering correctly its purple colored) must be connected to a wire/pin on the door side, otherwise it would be dead wire (right??)...it would be way easier to find that wire and be able to tap into it under the dash or door sill instead of having to drill a hole in the connector, etc.