Playing music without door chime & light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone probably already figured this out and posted it somewhere but I'll throw it out there anyways.

I hate playing music in the garage or when I'm up at the camp with driver's side door open -that stupid chime ringing and the light on. So here's a quick way to get rid of that enjoying chime and dome light on. With the door open push in the latch all the way till it clicks. Chime will go off and light as well. When done pull the inside door latch before closing the door and that's it.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or, just take your keys out the ignition and hit the power button on the radio. It will work without the keys so you don't have to hear the chime.

Yep, but it only lasts for about 10 minutes or so.

I usually open the passenger door and then push the power button and close, lasts until you turn it off. had it on for over an hour waiting on a plane one day and fired right up when i was ready to go.