Plastic bed rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the bed and rails with the plastic caps removed ?

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a normal bed rail under it if that's what your asking. Clip holes.

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand that there are clip and mounting holes under the plastic ... I'm just want to see where they are approximately for antenna mounting and such without having to pull mine off and damage them ... Or even if there are viable aftermarket replacements

And I have read elsewhere on the forum that others have had them off ... Just wondering if anyone has pictures of them off

svtRapture

Reaction score
Plastic Bed Rail Drawing

I took my plastic bed rail off the other day to figure out how to mount a headache rack/rail/antennas.

Attachments

• Raptor Rail (WebSmall).jpg
    Raptor Rail (WebSmall).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 315

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the best way to get them off is too reach underneath them from inside the bed and push the 'pins' over somewhat, this only loosens the inside set of pins so you will have to pull up on them to get the outside set released - they never go back on quite as secure or snug, cuz you've done popped their cherry! - when I was selling accessories we would remove them and put shims under them (especially very front and rear) as they tend to sag and collapse under the weight of a headache rack, heavy tonneau cover, or camper shell - we would use heavy duty double sided tape to keep the cap attached to the shims, this would help with the looseness of the now non-virginal plastic pieces

svtRapture

Reaction score
Bed Cap Removal

I worked from the back of the bed to the front gently releasing each clip until the whole bed cap could tilt toward the outside of the vehicle. Next I used a large common head screwdriver to release the outer clips by applying gentle pressure, again from the rear of the vehicle towards the front. As far as I can tell there wasn't any damage and the cap popped right back on. I'll take it off again once I order and receive my headache rack with full rails and post more details on that install process.

I plan to run coax for 2M/220/440, 2M/440, 6M/HF, and CB antennas mounted to the headache rack rails. The radios will be in the center console under a false floor. At least that's my plan right now.