Picking up Raptor in Dearborn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey this might sound crazy but I was wondering if anyone knows if you ordered a raptor and it's done just waiting transport and your tired of waiting and wanted to to just go to Dearborn and pick it up if thats even possible. Mine is ready but wont be here for several weeks due to Fords awesome transit process and I wanting to fly to dearborn and just Drive it back home(Kansas). Anyone know if this has been done and/or who to talk to about it? I contacted my dealership and waiting their reply on the subject.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey this might sound crazy but I was wondering if anyone knows if you ordered a raptor and it's done just waiting transport and your tired of waiting and wanted to to just go to Dearborn and pick it up if thats even possible. Mine is ready but wont be here for several weeks due to Fords awesome transit process and I wanting to fly to dearborn and just Drive it back home(Kansas). Anyone know if this has been done and/or who to talk to about it? I contacted my dealership and waiting their reply on the subject.

Sure you can, if you are related to a board member or are in the top 20 of management... Otherwise you cant get it done

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would imagine, the dealership owns it until you pay for it in full or finance it.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure you can, if you are related to a board member or are in the top 20 of management... Otherwise you cant get it done

Seriously? I mean I figured an average-joe wouldn't be able to, but they won't even let Ford people pick it up? That's kind of crazy. I guess they want that extra 995$ for transport.

2010 RAPTOR SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that were the case I would have brought mine home the day it was born when I was there. I'am on day 41 waiting for it. Still on stop ship.

Autoport limited takes care of the shipping Ford just says yeah or nay if it's ready to ship. Mine is nay.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that were the case I would have brought mine home the day it was born when I was there. I'am on day 41 waiting for it. Still on stop ship.

Autoport limited takes care of the shipping Ford just says yeah or nay if it's ready to ship. Mine is nay.

Any idea why yours is still held?

2010 RAPTOR SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea why yours is still held?

No, I found a TSB on power steering cooler line leak it mentioned trucks built 11-01-11 thru 2-18-12 which was two days after mine was built. They will not tell me why or when. Customer care was suppose to contact a sales exc. to see if it can be released. I had someone ck it Monday it hasn't moved since built, still says ETA Feb 22 on vehicle visibilty. Just my luck!

2010 RAPTOR SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been released!

No, I found a TSB on power steering cooler line leak it mentioned trucks built 11-01-11 thru 2-18-12 which was two days after mine was built. They will not tell me why or when. Customer care was suppose to contact a sales exc. to see if it can be released. I had someone ck it Monday it hasn't moved since built, still says ETA Feb 22 on vehicle visibilty. Just my luck!

Update: truck has been released now for a few days and marked as "HOT"