Peragon Truck Bed Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of/used Peragon Truck Bed Covers? I came across them while surfing the interwebs, and thought it was a pretty interesting design...including the color matching option, but more-so the part where it doesn't block the rear window when fully opened.

Here's their [lengthy] product video:
https://vimeo.com/70009074

And here's a far shorter review of the truck cover:
Peragon Retractable Aluminum Truck Bed Cover - Review - YouTube

Thoughts??

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you posted this. I watched the video's also and am interested in this design over the Bakflip........out of the way of the rear window when folded. Also looks like it would easily accomodate a spare rack as long as it was mounted away fromt the front bed wall and let the cover articulate.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like where it folds up you would lose some space, but it looks pretty minimal. Also the way it folds looks like it would be more prone to water leaking in than the bakflip/undercover. Hard to say without knowing anyone using it with first hand experience though.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the surface looks good. The cover with all the options in black is $790 shipped to my door. I could get it color matched to the truck for $299 extra. That is around $1100 for bed cover with all stainless hardware shipped to my door. Not bad.

I would think the black Alum. gets hot in the sun, plus the rope hanging down seems like it would be a pain and not last long.

I like the fact it folds down into the bed and is out of site..

It would be nice to get some personal reviews!

Good find

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am a satisfied Bakflip user (several years) and I like this cover!

One nice benefit that wasn't mentioned is it leaves the bed rail tops open so a rack could be put over it -- the thinking here includes the options for a nice, large Gobi-style storage rack or a rack to hold a Roof Top Tent! In either case you could have a bed rack for tire/jack/etc. storage as long as it didn't extend up to the underside of the cover or interfere with the cover folding down behind the cab.

I don't see the pull strap as a concern since it could easily be replaced or you could get into the bed and pull the cover back into place with minimal effort.

I'm glad the video showed how it locks so security isn't an issue. And a locking top is more secure (probably) than the Bakflip.

In the video the guy closed the tailgate while the cover was in place, fully extended. That's not something the Bakflip owner is supposed to do so I've become accustomed to popping up the last panel when shutting my Raptor's tailgate (with the Bakflip).

The only "concern" I have after watching the video is the finish of the panels. They look to be smooth which probably isn't as good as the textured finish of the Bakflip panels since the smooth finish will show every nick, scuff, ding, etc.

If this isn't a patented design I expect others (like Bakflip) to copy it. Certainly some Chinese company will do that anyway (just say NO to Chinese products!).

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like a cool concept however one feature I find that I like and use a lot is the Backflip's ability to have just the last panel open.

Whether it is a load of wood or my surfboard, the ability to just flip up the last panel and go is valuable to me personally and why this cover really wouldn't work as well as the Backflip for me.

~BGM