Passenger seat SRS/airbag issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A picture is worth a thousand words..

View attachment 19359

While installing harness eye bolts, I unbolted both seats to slide them back to reach the inside seatbelt buckle.

I was careful not to snag any wires or connectors.. Ever since reinstalling them, I am getting the message about remove objects randomly it comes on and goes off.. Nothing is on the seat, but it does not happen when someone is sitting buckled in passenger seat..

By moving the seat, did it knock it out of calibration or something?

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be the new seat position. The reinstall might have the seat in a different position... Ill look at my dvd and see what I can find.
Is something pushing up on the seat bottom and the sensor/sensors are getting an out of range reading (like a "negative" load)

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is nothing under seat.. Simply unbolted them, slid them back at the most 6" and slid them back..

Thinking about pulling airbag fuse and disconnecting battery for 5+ minutes to see if that will cause reset and recalibration of srs system.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the reset instructions for the pass seat module. I guess I would what you said just disconnect the battery and see if it resets

OCS System Reset

Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
Prepare the passenger seat for a System Reset and make sure:
the OCS weight sensor bolt harness connections are correct for each sensor at the correct locations. Refer to Wiring Diagrams cell 46 for schematic and connector information. Refer to the illustration for correct sensor location on the seat.
the seat wiring harnesses are routed and secured correctly and are not twisted, pinched, pulling down or pushing up on any seat component. Refer to Seat Wire Harness Routing in Section 501-10 .
all seat fasteners have been tightened to specification as identified in the Workshop Manual. Refer to Section 501-10 .
the seat track is correctly aligned (manual seat track) — check the seat track fastener hole alignment, lift the seat adjust bar to align the holes in the track bracket to the holes in the floor.
the seat is correctly installed in the vehicle.
the passenger safety belt buckle is unbuckled.
the front passenger seat is empty and there is nothing underneath the seat. Remove any items from the seat that were not factory installed.
the seat backrest is in the upright (vertical) position.
the seat is at the mid-point of the seat track travel.
the seat height is in its middle position (power seat only).
the hysteresis has been removed from the front passenger seat by firmly hitting the back of the seat head restraint 3 times.
the vehicle electrical system voltage is below 18 volts and above 11.5 volts before continuing with the OCS System Reset.

Turn the ignition ON, wait 8 seconds .
Carry out the OCS System Reset.
If the System Reset was successful, carry out the Occupant Classification System (OCS) Zero Seat Weight Test. Refer to Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) System Zero Seat Weight Test in this section.
If the System Reset was unsuccessful, proceed to Step 8 .
NOTE: Do not install any new OCS system components at this time. OCS system components should only be installed when directed to do so.

Carry out the OCSM self-test.
If DTC B00A0:54 is retrieved on-demand, refer to the DTC Charts for diagnostic direction of this DTC.
If any other DTCs are retrieved on-demand from the OCSM , proceed to Step 9 .
Inspect all the items listed in Step 5 for causes of an unsuccessful System Reset, repair as necessary. Retest the system

Last edited:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first thought is that the seat weight is out of cal in the "normal" state. It would go away when some one is in the seat because the strain gauge in the track is now reading enough weight to confirm some one is in there.

I will make some calls upstairs and see if I can dig up an answer. I might need to get ahold of you for more details later

Good find Hock.

SD, let me know if this does not work and I will see what the guys upstairs can tell me. Last I heard though the Raptor Seat Structure design was internal to Ford and we just had JIT responsibilities.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay think I figured it out... In the full rear position the seat goes further back on one side than the other, and when the seat is in this cocked position I get the errors.. I am gonna leave it for now, since it is working and don't wanna jack with it, because I know its a pain to get those tracks aligned perfectly..

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be able to unbolt the seat, run the track to full rear, then bolt it back down. I don't remember if the feet have locating pins, so you might be able to get away with just loosening the attachment bolts and moving it full rear or full forward.

HollyRush

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I had this issue....I have some really tall friends so they would adjust the seat all the way down and all the back.... and thats when I would get the error.... just raise the seat and move it forward a little bit... it should go off