Parking light thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone figure this out for GEN2 yet?

If anyone knows which wire and connectors control this on GEN2 , speak up!
Thx

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to why waste a AUX if the same results could be obtained with just turning your 'parking' lights on? Basically, flip or turn? Am I missing something....

I guess the headlights?

ddd269

Reaction score
Just curious as to why waste a AUX if the same results could be obtained with just turning your 'parking' lights on? Basically, flip or turn? Am I missing something....

I guess the headlights?

It's so that you can drive around with the parking lights as DRL and to leave the headlight in "auto" mode and let it do its job. I know some of you think that turning it on manually is just as good but some like the convenience of auto on? I know I do.

You can also have the dealer prgram the parking lights as DRL but this has one advantage over that... you can turn it off with the upfitter switch while in "D" if you choose to. When it's programmed at the dealer to come on as DRL you cant while in "D".

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Seems I'm only one reading this, but anyways. I did the mod tonight, I learned before hand that if you just do the yellow wire with blue tracer in the grey 10 pin connector you are only going to have the front parking lights on. I wanted the back on as well, so I did some googling and found out that the rears are in the black 32 pin connector with the clip on it the wire is yellow with green tracer. I used 2 pieces of wire, used the side by side connectors (don't know what they are called) tied into each of the parking light wires and then into one wire going into the AUX 4 wire which is brown. Took me about 30 minutes and bam I was done. One note, if you pull that black 32 pin connector out and you will need to your inside lights will flash until you hook it back up so don't be alarmed when it happens.

I did the mod today and this thread helped a lot. Made it real easy. Thanks guys!

One quick note... I have a 2013 supercab and the yellow with blue tracer controlled both front and back parking lights. So, I didnt need to tap two wires.

Thanks again

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Here's what I did with mine...I hate tapping into factory wires, so I just press-fitted the wire into the back side of the block with the correct wire. It's worked great so far, since it fits very snugly into the connector and the area is well covered from being aciidentally kicked.
null_zps9b807656.jpg

I,know,what you mean about seeing something firsthand - i can do almost anything once I've seen it once, but visualizing it can sometimes be tough!

I love running the parking lights on this truck!!

Thanks. It helped a lot!

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe this can be done through programming for model years 2013 and after using either IDS or Forscan.
Does not work in park though, just when you drive.

Markh

Reaction score
Running lights

Does anyone know how to wire the running lights on a 2017 to upfitter switch? So that the headlight switch can stay in auto and running lights will be on with ignition on.